PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

fixxxer
10-29-2002, 02:07 PM
Im getting a wierd vibration at around 4300 rpm, sounds like its coming from the engine bay, or somewere on the front of the car. Anyone experience this? Any thoughts on what could be causing it?
-Dmitriy

240Driver39
10-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Have someone source the sound, a common noise at and around that area is the heat shields along the exhaust, i have it at around that area and have sourced it to be the cat heat shield

Could be other things but it may be something that simple, like i said, try and source the noise more specifically

camppain
10-29-2002, 04:12 PM
the heat sheild makes noise not vibration to that extent. at least not noticible vibration.

when do you get the vibration while driving? from a stand still, while accelerating? etc etc explain the situation a little more since we cant see or hear it.

240Driver39
10-29-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah, my bad, i read it wrong, when he said souuunnds i took it as a vibration or rattling sound that was makin a sooooouunnnd from that area.  

yeah, maybe a lil more info, like i said, source it

fixxxer
10-30-2002, 09:33 AM
Im sorry I wasn't more clear when i posted. What happens is, in every gear at ~4300 rpm I hear a very loud vibrating noise. It sounds like its metal on metal, its only that particular rpm, and then it stops. The noise cannot be my exhaust manifold shield because I have headers, and it cannot be the catalitic converter becaue i don't have a cat. I have not been able to reproduce the sound by pushing on the throttle cable, so it might only happen when im driving.
-Dmitriy

ridebmx
10-30-2002, 09:45 AM
dont know if you checked, but to me it seems like something on your exaust is touching the body, thus producing the vibration, or atleast thats what happened to me...