PDA

View Full Version : Code 43: SR20DET

BoostGetsULaid
03-09-2008, 06:47 PM
So my ECU is giving out a Code 43 in my sr20.

I've read on the FSM on how to check and adjust the TPS. I'm still confused on how to do this. I'm not enough sure which setting to put my multimeter on to test it. If someone can please simplify this for me that would be great!

skylindrftr
03-09-2008, 07:05 PM
there are 2 screws on your tps, when they are loosened, you can adjust the tps back and forth and it is supposed to fall between a certain voltage in order to function properly (check fsm). Or you can do it the lazy way like me, change it a little, drive it, change it until it is suitable...

BoostGetsULaid
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
there are 2 screws on your tps, when they are loosened, you can adjust the tps back and forth and it is supposed to fall between a certain voltage in order to function properly (check fsm). Or you can do it the lazy way like me, change it a little, drive it, change it until it is suitable...

If i move it towards me is that tightening or loosening?

duffman1278
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
There's not tight or loose settings on the TPS, you have to hook it up to a multimeter and check the voltage as you move it back and forward. It should be set to about .37V closed throttle.

BoostGetsULaid
03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
There's not tight or loose settings on the TPS, you have to hook it up to a multimeter and check the voltage as you move it back and forward. It should be set to about .37V closed throttle.

sorry, i meant when i move it towards me does that increase voltage or decrease.

duffman1278
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
You'll find out with a voltmeter, it'll move as you do it.

BoostGetsULaid
03-09-2008, 11:04 PM
You'll find out with a voltmeter, it'll move as you do it.

I have a multimeter but i dont know which setting to put it on

brndck
03-09-2008, 11:24 PM
well ur measuring voltage and iirc closed throttle should be .35v, and go up above 4v at wot. so your meter should be on either autorange or >20v at least. if it has a >10v even better.

BoostGetsULaid
03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
if i dont have any voltage coming out of mt TPS does that mean i need to replace it?

shawn240sx
03-10-2008, 10:19 PM
first borrow another meter and test it...cheaper solution.
GL

BoostGetsULaid
03-10-2008, 10:29 PM
first borrow another meter and test it...cheaper solution.
GL

I'm stressing right now, i cant deal with all this right now. im going to drop this car off at the shop on wednesday.

Too many things right now to deal with. Thanks guys for all your help.

I dunno I've had the car for about 3 and half years and its been nothing but problems from day 1.

-Headgasket on KA = Solution: SR swap
-SR's turbo blows = Solution: T28 upgrade
-Fail emission cause idle too high and no tachometer
-SR throws rod = Solution: New SR long block
-Emissions is overdue
-Clutch Slave goes out on the way home from shop that did long block swap
-T28 blows 2 days after SR block put in = Solution: another t28
-Brake Master Cylinder goes out when upgrading brakes = new BMC
-ECU pops = New ECU

now this. god lol