PDA

View Full Version : Turbo timer/ tach draining battery help plz

Skaterjunky8
03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Is there a way to wire a turbo timer wrong where it might drain the battery? Ive been building my SR for a couple months and just recently got everything powered up and drove it around for a while, then I installed my turbo timer and an autometer tach, battery started to die over night so I charged it up and pulled the negative cable, jumped it with a test light and sure enought its drawing enough power to turn the sucker on. started to pull some fuses and none put it out except the ignition fuse so i unplugged the igniton on the key side and it stayed on, unpluged it on the car side and it goes out. the only two things wired into that harness are my Turbo timer and the 12V power for my tach. Not sure if its bad components or bad wiring? anyone lead me in a good direction? The turbo timer works fine, and neither of them stay on after the car turns off as far as I can see.

RedStage
03-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Could be possible....

But I am not an electrician. From experience I would check your brake lamp switch on the brake pedal. I've had them go out before and it does knock the battery out.