PDA

View Full Version : having problems

SlideWaysSilvia
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM
my car wont start i have recharger the batter changed the termanals replaced the starter and the ignition coil and when i try to start the car it starts to crank over but never actually starts

please if you know what the problem might be so i can fix it myself befor take it to a shop and spend money i dont need to

it is a 97 S14

NI_YON_Zenki
03-12-2008, 12:50 AM
my car wont start i have recharger the batter changed the termanals replaced the starter and the ignition coil and when i try to start the car it starts to crank over but never actually starts

please if you know what the problem might be so i can fix it myself befor take it to a shop and spend money i dont need to

it is a 97 S14

if there are no funny starting sounds. take the alternator out & go get it checked 4 free @ yah local kragens. sounds like you checked EVERYTHING!. .. .except the alternator.

diagnose ALL electrical elements B4 going into another system.

Best Regards.

SoguRacing
03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
are you getting fuel? take a spark plug out and crank the engine over and smell for fuel or see if fuel is spitting out. next check for spark. even if the alternator is bad and the battery is good the car should turn over or even start if the battery is fully charged. so the car turns over..as you said. i think it might be a fuel problem. you should take a sparkplug out and check the tip, if wet then you should let the cylinders dry up. you've flooded the engine. next, check to see if you're getting spark to the the plugs. though you did replace the coil there may be no power getting to the coils as "Ni YON Zenki" said above, check wiring. but it think its a fuel problem.