PDA

View Full Version : coilover noise, bad ball joint?

S13Leprechaun
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
hey, well i had this problem in a prior, old thread before, but i THOT the problem was the wolt was broken off on one of the 2 bolts on the rear driverside coilover... so, now my question is, what else could the noise be? i replaced the bolt and its the same noise.... even if i push down right above the coilover i can hear it... and it rattles like crazy on tight turns cause of the diff... so its annoying me and i wanna fix it.... only thing i can think of is MAYBE bad ball joint!?!? but how do you check that/fix that? btw, they are kei office, if that helps... which means im fucked prolly.... and im not 100% sure its the coilover, just thats all that makes sense.... thanks for any help in advance!

-s13lep.

SidewaysRPS13
03-05-2008, 05:29 PM
look at your bushings also to see if there bad. To check the ball joints.just lift the car and see if the wheel moves left or right.

S13Leprechaun
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
it will move left to right if the top ball joint is bad? that doesnt make sense. u sure?

5t341tH
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
i had a similar problem as u i think.
i thought the coilover was loose, thus making clunking noises wen i go over bumps. i replaced the front lca cuz the balljoint was shot and now it disappeared.
i hope ur talking about the lca balljoints.....

S13Leprechaun
03-06-2008, 03:17 AM
yeah i think soo.... ill do that... how mcuh did it cost to fix something like that? j/w. and what all did you have to get?