PDA

View Full Version : Gizzmo Boost Controllers - All new boost controllers

statRacing
03-03-2008, 01:16 PM
http://tunertools.com/Draft/Gizzmo/Wholesale/Web_Images/G0920_large.jpg

$225.40 ON SALE

Order here: Gizzmo Boost Controller (http://www.statracing.com/buy/gizzmo-boost-controller.asp)

Gizzmo IBC: Intelligent Boost Controller - p/n G0920

Four Boost Memories
Adjustable boost up to 2bar (29lb)
Fast RISC Processor Technology
Real Time Digital Boost Gauge
Extruded Alloy case
Simple 2-wire installation
Suits internal or External Wastegates
Comes complete with all Hoses and Fitting

The Gizzmo IBC (Intelligent Boost Controller) represents the ultimate in accurate, simple to operate, and easy to install Computerized Boost Controller. Because all the thinking is done inside the IBC, You will not require an Engineering Degree to operate or fit it (Promise!). With the Gizzmo IBC’S precision 29Lb MAP sensor, high speed RISC processor and powerful MOSFET solenoid driver, and the fastest, most powerful solenoid you can assured that your Gizzmo IBC has the quality, resolution and accuracy that you need for your turbocharged vehicle.

http://tunertools.com/Draft/Gizzmo/Wholesale/Web_Images/G0921_large.jpg

$299.99 ON SALE

Order here: Gizzmo Boost Controller (http://www.statracing.com/buy/gizzmo-boost-controller.asp)

Gizzmo MS-IBC: Multi-Scramble Intelligent Boost Controller p/n G0921

Adjustable boost up to 50lb (3.5bar)
Multi Scramble Boost Control
Remote Scramble/Boost Memory button facility
Over-Boost warning
Selectable open/closed loop boost control
6 Boost Memories
40mhz High Speed RISC Processor
Black Extruded Aluminum case
Blue 7 segment LED display
White backlit buttons
Real Time digital boost gauge
Simple 2-Wire Installation
Suits Internal or External Wastegates
Comes complete with all fittings
In developing the MS-IBC Boost Controller, the aim was to design and engineer a boost controller that would cater to the serious drag racing professional, whilst still being quite at home on the streets. We succeeded.

Dsport Magazine Hit's 1,031 Horsepower with the MS-IBC!

The MS-IBC Boost Controller is packed with the serious features that can be utilized in the real world of drag racing like 3.5 bar of boost control, a clear digital boost gauge with an over boost warning and a remote Facility to either toggle the high speed boost change memories or operate the Gizzmo Multi-Scramble feature.

Gizzmo’s Multi-Scramble Boost Controller takes the conventional scramble feature one step further. A conventional scramble allows the user, upon pressing a button, to set a fixed amount of over boost and time duration e.g. 3lb extra for 5sec. Gizzmo’s Multi-Scramble function allows the user to operate the button again before the scramble time has completed adding the same amount of boost again and refreshing the time duration.

All of this plus closed/open loop modes packed into a great looking boost controller that is so easy to fit and operate.

Bobafreak
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I seen this in one of the dsport magazines. Price is not bad as well.

BlackZenkiS14
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Anyone have any experience with these? Im in the market for a boost controller right now.

I need one that will allow me to spool as early as possible, never spike or creep on me, and be easy to maintain and use. Reliability is the key here. I dont want a bunch of crazy features or anything. Just a "set it and forget it" boost controller with no frills, and just perfect performance.

Z33dori
03-03-2008, 03:33 PM
can you get then IBC in black.....

im thinking of getting this instead of the Greddy profec II

BoostinGST
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
for anyone that doesnt know this already gizzmo products are made by apex`i so their quality doesnt need to be questioned.

BlackZenkiS14
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
for anyone that doesnt know this already gizzmo products are made by apex`i so their quality doesnt need to be questioned.

From what i have read, Gizzmo products are just distributed by Apexi, and still made by Gizzmo. Still that says alot, that Apexi wanted to be the distributor for these products.

I just want some first hand experience. Because from what i have read on the companies website, it sounds like what i am looking for. But before i go and spend a couple hundred dollars on a company i have never heard of up until today, i'd like to hear some first hand real world users.

Bobafreak
03-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Only time i actually heard from the user like i said was in the dsport magazine. I dont know anyone running there products. Price wise its not so bad i save myself 200 if i decide to go with this over hks. but then it kill my whole hks set up interior wise. God i hate being a label whore....

Jpooks_S13
03-03-2008, 06:49 PM
do these read only in bar?or bar and psi?

statRacing
03-03-2008, 08:37 PM
do these read only in bar?or bar and psi?

They can be toggled between bar or psi

lights are green in the IBC, blue in the MS-IBC
Case is aluminum/silver in the IBC, black for the MS-IBC (i.e. no real options on colors)

Hope this helps guys!

BlackZenkiS14
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
So far this seems to be what i am looking for, do you have any experience with these units yourself at all? What can you tell me about the performance? I cant take a risk overboosting, and popping my motor.

portion
03-03-2008, 09:09 PM
i am interested as well to know anyones first hand experience..
only thing i've found was this
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/powerpages/0701_impp_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_mr/boost_controller.html

AutoUSA
03-04-2008, 01:03 PM
So far this seems to be what i am looking for, do you have any experience with these units yourself at all? What can you tell me about the performance? I cant take a risk overboosting, and popping my motor.

We don't have any experience with this unit ourselves, but have heard nothing but positive reviews from our customers. As with any boost controller, it can't guarantee against overboosting, that would have to do with many factors.

portion
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
btw how much is shipping to 33194? for the IBC

statRacing
03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
btw how much is shipping to 33194? for the IBC

Shipping will be around $10. You can add the item to cart, and then type in your zipcode. Both models are in stock.

Thanks guys

DJ_Sunrise
03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Gizzmo products are badass. My buddys use their stuff, and love it. If you have the cash, spend it on Gizzmo.

-Bart

BlackZenkiS14
03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Gizzmo products are badass. My buddys use their stuff, and love it. If you have the cash, spend it on Gizzmo.

-Bart

Any more info other than "they're badass" ?

DJ_Sunrise
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Good quality stuff, issue free. Clean, easy to install and reliable.

-Bart

statRacing
03-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Good quality stuff, issue free. Clean, easy to install and reliable.

-Bart

Thanks for the reviews guys... all of your orders have shipped btw!

statRacing
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your orders everyone!

hstylez
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm hoping some people will post reviews. These look pretty nice.

statRacing
03-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Please post your reviews when available guys! THanks!

statRacing
03-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone. Here is a review from one of our customers with a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?p=5371270

Hope you find it useful!

reccakun08
03-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Taken from import tuner site.

Power Pages - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR

Gizzmo MS-IBC Multi Scramble Boost Controller

Pros
The Gizzmo MS-IBC boost controller is jam-packed with multiple features including six boost memory options with individual gain settings, scramble time (1-100 seconds), scramble duty (1 to 100 percent), overboost protection and warning, and an easy-to-read blue LED display. Typical boost controllers have a scramble boost which can be used only once when hitting the trigger button. Unique to the Gizzmos options are a trick scramble boost feature that can extend overboost time to add the same amount of boost time and refresh the original timer duration with a simple press of the included button. For our testing purpose, this power page is to showcase the advantage of using a boost controller to minimize the boost drop-off that's commonly associated with the Evolution and its stock boost solenoid.

Cons
We loved what the Gizzmo was able to accomplish, but in truth, we hated the fact that many of the vacuum lines and barb fittings were excessively large in comparison to our factory turbo actuator. Making numerous trips to our beloved "hose man," we purchased a few brass reducers to accommodate the various sized vaccume lines. Another problem we came across was the less-than-ideal wiring harness that called for some added wire and solder to lengthen to purposely fit the controller further than what was originally intended by the manufacterers.

statRacing
03-10-2008, 08:58 AM
This boost controller also has multiple memory settings.

They both have memory storage, the IBC has 4 and the MS-IBC has 6. You can switch between memory for different boost settings.

portion
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
anyone bought this here so they can review? i'm still scrambling money to buy this but a heads up review would be great

statRacing
03-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks for your orders guys, all boost controllers have shipped!

statRacing
03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Have a great weekend guys!

driftage240
03-15-2008, 12:33 AM
price picked up?

statRacing
03-17-2008, 09:16 AM
price picked up?

Sent you a PM.

s13_slider
03-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Mine is on the way!

statRacing
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Mine is on the way!

Thanks for your order!!

s13_slider
03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Just got mine in today and installed. Pretty damn easy install! Works very well, too. It's taking me a bit to set it as I want, but that's because I'm still learning about gain settings and all that stuff. Overall, very good buy!

statRacing
03-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Just got mine in today and installed. Pretty damn easy install! Works very well, too. It's taking me a bit to set it as I want, but that's because I'm still learning about gain settings and all that stuff. Overall, very good buy!

Thanks for your review!

statRacing
04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Thanks for your orders guys

statRacing
05-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you for all of your orders, keep them coming!

240trainee
05-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Bumpasaurus, sent ya a PM!!

statRacing
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Bumpasaurus, sent ya a PM!!

Thanks, replied to your PM. Let me know! :)

HKSdrift3r
05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
so these function as an electronic boost gauge as well?? how accurate are they?