PDA

View Full Version : Origin 180sx crappy rear bumper fitment

03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I just did a pre-fit on my hatch with the Origin aggressive kit and noticed a big ugly gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of the center under garnish (about an inch) so I start messing around with it to get it to fit properly and nothing works! I'm just about to kick this bumper off and run it over with my truck. So now I'm here wondering if anyone else has had issues with Origin products because everything else I got seem to fit well, even the S13-S15 fenders fit well. Oh, and I even research around the internet for pics Origin rear bumpers installed on hatches and this is what I found......

the Origin demo car has a gap... not as big as mine but theres a gap
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/Lnookie/180R.jpg
Itec Racing/Silk Road USA worked out the kinks pretty well... but, that gap is still there
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/Lnookie/silkroads1353.jpg
This car has the Origin stylish bumper and was done by one of the top body shops out here in Hawaii. this car also took best of show Import Showoff 2006 but again... poor bumper fitment
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/Lnookie/StreetCarShowOff2006018.jpg
and here's mine(sorry pic kind of small) as you can see the bottom portion of the bumper where it meets the black tape lines up well but that mother !@#$ing gap won't go away
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/Lnookie/ours135conversionproject004.jpg

So could anyone be so kind enough to help me out with my problem I'd greatly appreciate it... Thanks

Matej
03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Do you still have your rear bumper support?
Drill the holes a little lower so when you put it on it's forced to sit higher.

HyperTek
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
its fine

id concentrate more on that gappage in your wheel well and the wheel/fender area hehe

T chop
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Judging by your car pics you have more important things to worry about.

KiDyNomiTe
03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
that Origin "demo car" is half photoshop, half haggard..

If you really want no gap, keep bumper support, make brackets if need be, and bolt the bumper on.

The only thing that makes the gap is what it is sitting on, or in some cases isnt sitting on...

!Zar!
03-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Sunk exhaust and sunk wheels.

That sinking bumper matches perfectly.

aa87
03-02-2008, 07:45 PM
You make it fit how you want it to fit, brackest, zipties, etc.

what are you building? a show car? you'll break it off anyway..

Jesster
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
maybe it's supposed to fit poorly?

ghetto-fab style

T chop
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Mine fit ok, yours will too most likely. Just figure it out or pay someone to do it for you.

Not like mine is show car perfect, do I care? I think it looks alright. Origin Stream kit

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t225/Van240/DSC00210.jpg

Ca_laurier
03-02-2008, 07:55 PM
ya both my origin front and rear fit like shit, but hell what ever its cheap how can you complain

personally i plan on shattering this rear bumper against a wall

and yes, i have the gap to. at first i kind of was like "what the fuck" but than common sense kicked in, cheap bumper = shitty fitment

my old bn replica (julius) fit like a glove compared to this

Creizai
03-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Buy vertex and not budget bodykits if your really wanted OEM fitment. Personally a bag in the rear bumper is the last thing I'm looking at someones car.

McRussellPants
03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
or you could just learn how to put fiberglass on a car?

make a bracket for it to keep it up and bolt everything else on right. damn its not rocket science.

BattleRoyale
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
welcome to to club man this is nothing new especially with origin/version select stuff.

you gotta make it fit, a while back i saw something that bolted up the the stock rear bumper reinforcement that pushed the bumper up to eliminate the gap.

search for it..if not you should go to an experienced body shop they'll know how to massage it to make it fit and have a nice even clearance

ayuaddict
03-03-2008, 12:45 AM
holy shit.

that actually fits pretty decent.

if you want to build a show quality car, perhaps you should try again when you have a bit more money and experience.

i can think of many ways you could force it to sit higher.

if you want perfect fitting panels, just keep your OEM shit.

maybe im just in a bad mood but OMG an inch!

azndoc
03-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Make
Brackets
And
You'll
Be
Happy.

And bumper support.

SoSideways
03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
There have been like, 4 or 5 guys on here, that know what they're talking about, and they all said either:

Make brackets or use bumper support

And yet, there are n00bs that keep coming on here adding their 2 cents of "this is cheap aero, of course it's going to fit like shit".

Come on people, if you don't know enough about the subject (owning 1 kit ever is not considered "experience"), please stop spewing misinformation everywhere.

God knows the internet is full of it already, we don't need it to contaminate this joint any further than it has already been.