PDA

View Full Version : I just diconnected the batt.... and now...

Chrisw
03-02-2008, 03:36 PM
So I just swapped out my battery cable and after it was all done I tried to start the car and...Nothing. I swapped the old cable back on just to make sure this cable didnt suck and still nothing... Now that is a common problem witha simple solution.. Only issue is that my corner lights are blinking constantly.... It's an S14 and when the bat is connected the signal light sound can be heard inside the car and outside only the front two corner lights (not my signal lights) are flashing... My four ways are NOT on and my signal lights are NOT on... I've been checking fuses but can that even be causeed by a burned out fuse... I just dont understand what the lights have to do with thewhole thing... :S

I'll keep checking the thread and going to try stuff as people suggenst it! Thanks a lot.

KiLLeR2001
03-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Are you sure the battery has enough juice to start the car?

Chrisw
03-02-2008, 03:45 PM
It did JUST before I disconnected the batt... :P

bo2o
03-02-2008, 03:49 PM
sounds like you have some scary crazy prob.

sounds funnit that after you put the battery in things started to take a shit.

you didnt put the battery backwards did you for a second?
signals going off sounds like your fried sumthings.
do you have a alarm?

Chrisw
03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I didnt put the batt. backwards. And I dont know if I have an alarm. I just got the car and am figuring everything out...

projectRDM
03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
There's an alarm on the car, has to be. Go under the dash and track down any non OE wiring, find the module and unplug it.

4bangers
03-02-2008, 04:25 PM
can factory alarm does this? i heard factory alarm might get in the way when trying to start the car.

Gjohnson7
03-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Yep, my moneys on an alarm.

Gjohnson7
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
can factory alarm does this? i heard factory alarm might get in the way when trying to start the car.

Yes, factory alarms can be a real pain too. If it's that factroy security system and you don't have a remote for it. Take you key and unlock the driverside door with it. Unlocking the driverside door will usually disarm any factory security system.

Chrisw
03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
ok, I I tried the unlock the door thing and that didnt do anything. Would just taking the alarm out fix it? Becuase I dont care about the alarm. I'd actually like it out. And if so, where would I start... Sorry about the noobness in that question, but I have never installed or uninstalled an alarm before... :S

Chrisw
03-02-2008, 05:21 PM
SHE'S ALIVE!!!! So here is a picture of the "insurgent"! Now I didnt totally cut it out becuase I'm not sure if there is anything oem there... Anyone seen anything in that second pic that is OEM and needs to stay?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9698/dsc00327bk4.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8857/dsc00328nu4.jpg
Thanks to all you Zilvia guys for the Help. Really nice of you guys to spend your time with this. And a big thanks to the one member who PM'd me offering to come buy. That's what really makes a great forum, and car following...:bigok:

BTW, anyone want to buy an alarm :keke:

S13Leprechaun
03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
not if it does that! lol.. jk... good job!

4bangers
03-02-2008, 06:44 PM
nice, so which wire did you cut? the blue and red wire in the first pix?

so it was the alarm huh?

projectRDM
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM
SHE'S ALIVE!!!! So here is a picture of the "insurgent"! Now I didnt totally cut it out becuase I'm not sure if there is anything oem there... Anyone seen anything in that second pic that is OEM and needs to stay?

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9698/dsc00327bk4.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8857/dsc00328nu4.jpg
Thanks to all you Zilvia guys for the Help. Really nice of you guys to spend your time with this. And a big thanks to the one member who PM'd me offering to come buy. That's what really makes a great forum, and car following...:bigok:

BTW, anyone want to buy an alarm :keke:

Remove that whole rat's nest before it burns the car down.

theslows13
03-02-2008, 11:08 PM
wow, fucking horrible attempt at an alarm install. that looks like a "my boi knows how to do this" install.

4bangers
03-02-2008, 11:12 PM
so is that an aftermarket alarm installation?

scooz14
03-03-2008, 07:55 AM
yes it is an aftermarket alarm. remove the whole thing

projectRDM
03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
so is that an aftermarket alarm installation?

Do you honestly think the factory would do that?

4bangers
03-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm new to the whole alarm thing, don't know much, still learning.

OfourTHREEfive
03-03-2008, 10:16 AM
OEM wiring is so much nicer.

4bangers
03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
so is the oem alarm also in the same location? under the steering wheel?

Dream240
03-03-2008, 01:34 PM
The OEM stuff is all installed so that it's very hard to just yank out. The OEM wiring is also all integrated into the car. After you pull all that crap out, make sure you trace the lines around to remove any other components that belong to it. Damn that IS a nasty install. Loos like my first fog light job.... :p

GL

projectRDM
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
so is the oem alarm also in the same location? under the steering wheel?

Kid, you're killing us. There's a search function on this site, as well as google and numerous search engines. There's also the FSM which will tell you everything you need to know about your car. Instead of posting in someone else's thread asking random nonsense about a different topic, research it, figure it out without someone holding your hand, and if you then need more assistance than what the entire internet can provide, create a new topic with nothing else except what you need to know. Odds are, you won't have to do that if you take your head out of your ass and use your brain.

But I'll be nice just this one last time since it's clear all that above is only going to confuse you more. The smart entrance control unit for SE vehicles equipped with the keyless entry/alarm handles the multi function remote system as well as the door locks, domelight control, key warning buzzer operation, and the rear defogger timer. It's all self contained in one unit and cannot be removed. You can bypass the alarm portion if it's giving you issues, but as mentioned in the other thread you're posting in looking for answers, it's not an OE alarm problem that you're having.