PDA

View Full Version : S14 Engine Harness- Manual & Auto Differences?

wutangben
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
I was wondering what the differences were between automatic and manual engine harnesses from a Zenki S14 KA. I know the TPS sensor plug is probably different, is there anything else?

Thanks,
Ben

ecuastyle84
02-27-2008, 04:34 PM
are you trying to do a 5speed swap?

wutangben
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
no, i'm selling an auto harness, and i want to be able to tell my customer that it will work for his manual s14...

kcndizzle
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
From what I've been told, the only difference is that there is an extra plug on the auto harness for an extra sensor on the auto tps. I've verified it by laying the two out side by side, so those are the only visible differences I've seen.

UNISA JECS
02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
From what I've been told, the only difference is that there is an extra plug on the auto harness for an extra sensor on the auto tps. I've verified it by laying the two out side by side, so those are the only visible differences I've seen.

You left out the extra plug connector for the TCM that is under the dash, its a white plug.

Not sure 100% perfect if it is a TCM but its a box for automatic equiped cars that manuals dont have.

wutangben
02-28-2008, 09:57 AM
thanks guys. another quick question, do you know the differences between the lower/trans harness from ABS to non-ABS?

thanks,
Ben