PDA

View Full Version : Battery dies and turbo timer quits

motegineon
02-26-2008, 11:52 PM
So it was raining the other day and i left my light on like an idiot...as usual

anyways so i got the car jumped and now my turbo timer doesnt work, my battery has died several times before and ive never had this problem..just wondering if anyone knows what could be the problem..

thanks

sunnys14
02-27-2008, 12:43 AM
You might have fried the turbo timer.

Most turbo timers say in the instructions to disconnect the power wire going into the timer when you jumpstart your car to prevent voltage spikes from damaging the turbo timer.

NI_YON_Zenki
02-27-2008, 12:59 AM
YEAH, BE CAREFUL OF ALL ELECTRICAL CURRENTS AFTER A BAD BATTERY, HONESTLY IF ITS NOT AN OPTIMA, INTERSTATE, DIE HARD OR DURALAST.

TAKE NOTE TO KEEP THEM FLOWING STRONG AND CONSISTENTLY.
LOOK INTO A GROUND SYSTEM, i WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND A VOLT GAUGE.
HKS HAS A GOOD 1.

BEST REGARDS.

P/N
WERE GONNA HAVE TO HAVE A REASON 4 THAT 14 OF YOURS TO MAKE IT DOWN HERE SOON. NAVAN/MESH SET 4 THE WIN.

WHAT WIDTH/OFFSET YOU HAVE THERE? SUNNY

LOOKS LIKE A FELLOWS OL' GREEN ZENKI, FLUSHED W/ SSR'S

s13 @ fullboost
02-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Yeah that is very true. When jumping a car you’re always going to get voltage spikes unless you use one of those hand held jumper packs that you just plug in and turn on. The thing is though … most of the components on your vehicle can take the voltage spikes with out sustaining lots of damage but the computers do not take kindly to them it will ether wipe them out right then and there or it will take out a big chunk of its life. A turbo timer is a computer so I am guessing that sunny is most likely correct

motegineon
02-27-2008, 06:43 AM
aww thats lamesauce, aight though thanks guys

madd ocx
02-27-2008, 07:39 AM
yeah that sucks. i remember i left my lights on one time and when i got a jump my ecu went toast. i was a ways from home so i towed it to some local mech shop and he tried to f**k me over big cause at first i had no idea what the hell happened. ever heard gimme 500 bucks and i'll fix it. then when you ask him whats the problem he dont wanna tell you. so i let him know about himself so to speak, lol.. but the kid at the shop was into imports and told me it was the ecu. sorry for the long story but just goes to show how people do bad business.. but yeah sometimes a jump can mess your s**t up.