PDA

View Full Version : For the Turbo 240sx guys

IchigoFace
10-24-2002, 11:38 PM
i have a 1995 240sx se and i am currently working on a turbo kit. yes i am a noob at this stuff, but my older bro has been working on mitsubishi gst's and gsx's for years so he tells me wat i need to know, but ofcourse he doesnt kno mutch about the ka24de, so i need some help on a few things. so far i have almost 90% of the things i need.1: where is the ideal place to tap the oil pan. 2: where is the source of the turbo oil feed. 3: where do yu connect the hose for the boost guage?. and 4: how does it all work out? does the 240sx run fine? i kno all of us noobs like to rush on things but im not satisfied with the stock 155hp(or whatever).

btw i got a gtech pro and i measured my cars hp. i have the basic bolt ons like intake and exahust (or ricey bolt ons, if you like to call it that. i didnt buy them, the car came with them) anyway, the car measured up to 171 hp. this prolly aint right but owell.

jvh22a
10-25-2002, 01:09 AM
you should mount the turbo and manifold first. this will make it easier to see how you want to run the oil return line.

the feed line: standing on the passenger side looking at the intake manifold.it is on the right of the oil filter.

Jeff240sx
10-25-2002, 09:21 AM
171hp is at the crank if you used a gtech pro.  Then knock off like 15-20% for driveline losses.  
Under my post, in the signature are my times at 4psi of boost.  I also have an auto tranny, so I am alot slower than I should be.
Finally, I have a full write-up and the parts necessary on my website.  It is under "mods" and "turbo install"
My website is Here (http://www.jeff240sx.freeservers.com)
The boost gauge gets tapped in close to the throttle body, and I would put the wastegate line in there too.  That way your wastegate sees exactly the same pressure you see on the gauge.
Anyway... look around my site, and on the first 3 pages of tech talk.
-Jeff

sykikchimp
10-25-2002, 10:24 AM
1. most the time I see the oil return line taped into the side of the oil pan just infront of where the oil pickup is.

2. I planned to use a sandwich adapter that has feed lines on it.  that way I could run an oil cooler, as well as my feed lines.

3. Any Vacuum line behind the T/B

4.  The KA is a beautiful thing in turbo form..  ungodly fast with TONS of torque.  Can be a bit tricky to tune..

IchigoFace
10-25-2002, 11:59 AM
thanks a million guys! yu guys really helped me! they should have turbo ka24det install here.