PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal not spring all the way back up

aqwkmf
10-24-2002, 03:38 PM
i just replaced the slave cylinder and the pedal still doesnt come all the way back up....what could it be? throwout bearing?

Replicant_S14
10-24-2002, 05:23 PM
Maybe try to bleed it?
I'm sure you did it with the new slave and all but it seems like I remember mine being tricky to bleed.

Could be the master too.

aqwkmf
10-24-2002, 08:36 PM
i think its the pressure plate

/etc/shadow
10-25-2002, 12:10 AM
If it's not a problem in the hydraulics, it could be the pressure plate or T.O. bearing.

camppain
10-25-2002, 07:41 AM
uhhhhhh......

ok so are you saying its not coming up when you bleed it? if so the clutch pedal will not return automatically its not vacuumed like the brake system.

the pp would not have nothing to do with the pedal not returning nor would the t/o bearing.

instead of shotgunning and throwing parts at your car why not figure out whats the problem?

so why not explain the problem in detail for everyone to try and help you out?

ridebmx
10-25-2002, 03:28 PM
if the clutch pedal is not springing back up i would say that you still have air in the lines...bleed it again...if it was a t/o bearing more times then none you would here it going bad...when i changed my slave cylinder it took a while to get the air out of the system...and while air was in the system the pedal would not come back up...if the pressure plate was bad, wouldnt his clutch slip also?

240Driver39
10-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Yeah, i have this problem too, just ive kinda forgotten about it because its become habit to tap underneath the pedal to have it come all teh way up an i havent had ne problems...

Heres what mine does, clutch comes up to about where the freeplay would be i guess, but that area is where i lift it up with my foot. its not much distance, like 1 or so inches tops i believe.

so id be curious to hear the solution to this

i almost think its something as simple as the return spring in the pedal area itself.  My occasional clutch squeak, which comes from that spring occurs in that area that i pull up a lil and i checked it out and it seems to move around a lil.  So not sure if it may be something in that bracket or the spring itself

just an idea....

aqwkmf
10-26-2002, 09:00 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (240Driver39 @ Oct. 25 2002,5:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, i have this problem too, just ive kinda forgotten about it because its become habit to tap underneath the pedal to have it come all teh way up an i havent had ne problems...

Heres what mine does, clutch comes up to about where the freeplay would be i guess, but that area is where i lift it up with my foot. its not much distance, like 1 or so inches tops i believe.

so id be curious to hear the solution to this

i almost think its something as simple as the return spring in the pedal area itself. My occasional clutch squeak, which comes from that spring occurs in that area that i pull up a lil and i checked it out and it seems to move around a lil. So not sure if it may be something in that bracket or the spring itself

just an idea....</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
thats exactly the same problem as me.

Phlip
10-26-2002, 09:10 PM
I had the same problem... For 20 minutes, then my damn presuure plate went from "broke" to "failed..." Replace it and get and ACT stage 2, it will be worth the 75 you spend over the factory.

/etc/shadow
10-26-2002, 11:38 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with air in the system. Only, my clutch isn't slipping, so I don't think my pressure plate is out.

KEIVmx
10-26-2002, 11:43 PM
I have this annoying problem of this metallic squeak when pressing and depressing the clutch pedal.

On occasion (when I press the clutch pedal for prolonged periods--like in a car wash), my pedal sticks to the floor.

Is there any way to rid the annoying squeak?!

ridebmx
10-27-2002, 08:31 AM
kievmax...are you saying that your car almost gives a whining noise when you push in the clutch? im pretty sure thats a throw bearing...oh and when i bled my system i also bled that little "box"(not sure what its called) next to the slave cylinder that the lines also go into, and that seemed to fix my clutch problem....

aqwkmf
10-27-2002, 07:23 PM
my throwout bearing also chatters when i start the car for like 1.5 seconds