PDA

View Full Version : wtb sil80 badging

graysil80
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
i would like to get sil80 badging to finish off my conv. like side windows grill and the tail light center piece

lost_generation
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
good luck, best thing you can do is buy the sileighty stickers off ebay and pull out the windows and put them on... the rear taillight garnish would be the same as the 180sx kouki tails... but keep in mind there were very few actual sileighties... and technically they are not even made by nissan

a sileight is a silvia font on a 180sx...not a nissan option

graysil80
02-26-2008, 09:51 PM
from what ive heard that there were some offical pieces made that said sileighty but are hard to find just wanted to know if any one on here knew where to get some ive have the silvia face but every thing still says 240sx

dorkidori_s13
02-26-2008, 10:20 PM
....the rear taillight garnish would be the same as the 180sx kouki tails... but keep in mind there were very few actual sileighties... and technically they are not even made by nissan

a sileight is a silvia font on a 180sx...not a nissan option

wrong wrong wrong wrong

nissan OFFICIALLY made the sileighty...there were 400 of them put into production ONLY!!! they were produced in white and black only...they came with NISMO tuned suspension as well as a NISMO LSD...the motor itself came with better duration NISMO cams and a T28 turbo...if you are lucky enough to find one of these cars (as most of em them were bought up very quickly and tend to belong to car collectors)...youre going to pay a premium for them

the side windows did infact say SILEIGHTY on them in all caps...the rear tailgarnish that went over the kouki lights said SILEIGHTY in all caps

those stickers you see on ebay (that cover up the side window text and go on the rear 180sx kouki center panel)...i designed those YEARS ago for the guy selling them...i had close up pics of the sileightys side windows and rear tail garnish so what you see on ebay is actually the proper font and what not (btw...the sileightys tails came with that ueber cool carbon/kevlar overlay that nissan made for the center peice on the kouki lights as a standard peice of equipment...not an option)

RedStage
02-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Nissan tried to cash in on the common repair to a wrecked 180 fad...and failed. They were too expensive

dorkidori_s13
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Nissan tried to cash in on the common repair to a wrecked 180 fad...and failed. They were too expensive

quite the opposite actually....every sileighty that was made was bought...all 400 of em...and they were snatched up VERY quickly...nissan was never able to keep them on the lots

sc ka24e
05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
to many sil-80 haters on her...... what dorkidori says seems legit ,, im going to look for those stickers on ebay..

MrFairlady
05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
The Guy that sells them on ebay does not have Sileighty stickers anymore/or in a long time.I emailed him and asked him to make them and he said he was working on a batch.
That was in November.

Rear kouki garnish will be nearly Impossible to find.Might as well get the carbon overlay.
or you could Do the intial D "sileighty" and still rock 180sx 1/4 glass and Rear taillight section.

What was the whole "KIDS Heart" thing about then.I thought They were the ones that Developed the Sileighty??:aw:

louisdaboois
05-27-2008, 10:00 PM
if worse comes to worse you can take MrFairlady's advice and do the initial d thing and buy some 180sx 1/4 glasses from me.

pm me if you want them homie.

brndck
05-28-2008, 01:09 AM
kidsheart is an independent shop that did the actual building of "production" sil80s for nissan. like how autech does now, or how amg does for mbz.