PDA

View Full Version : wheel hop help!!!

koolcat
02-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm having mad ass wheel hop when i launch (peel off) from first gear. I have 1992 240sx with stance gr+ pro lower about 1.8" and stock engine and everything but i dun know why im having the hop. Any advice for me guys???

SlideWell
02-23-2008, 07:16 PM
some people report worn subframe bushings. replacing them has helped some people.

2fast240
02-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Def the bushings, also, what size rims and tires? are your tires up to pressure? Really no need to be peeling off in a stock 240 either. Just gonna get you tickets and cost you tire money.

lsonboost
02-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Replace all bushing at least in the rear, mine were in perfect condition till I ran a welded deff as a daily. Now I need bushings at minimum now, Ill probably go solid though.

unicoladron
02-23-2008, 10:13 PM
you don't necessarily have to replace all your subframe bushings. alot of us (myself and many others) get away with using aluminum subframe collars/spacers (call them what you want) installed on the subframe and it works great. i don't have any wheel hop at all (chassis has 180k) and i installed ebay alumnimum collars. they're extremely cheap and effective. do it!

burnsauto
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
nismo bushings+collars. nismo bushings arent much...and rubber gets pretty shitty at those ages.

also, you may want to look into sway bars. but just dont replace ONLY the rear. if you're going to do it, do both at the same time.

unicoladron
02-23-2008, 10:23 PM
i should have just linked in my first post. check it out:

http://splparts.com/main4/main/default.htm

check out the install instructions to get a feel for where they go.

but uhh don't drop 70 bucks on these. you can get the same ones for $40

koolcat
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
but it weird i never had this happen to me before though. Well im running 17x8 all around but the front is 215/40 and the back is 225/45, can someone tell me if this is what cause my wheel hop? I remembered when i still have my stock wheels even with the stance it doesnt hop...iono im just thinking even with the weird tires size it shouldnt hop like tat but iono you guys tell me

thanks

Risu2112
02-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Maybe those GR+'s are a little too tight? Staggering the tire size almost certainly is not making it worse.

Bushings would be most likely though like the others are saying.

5t341tH
02-24-2008, 02:30 AM
mine hopped like crazy wen i go over continuous bumps. the subframe spacers i got from PBM eliminated it

!Zar!
02-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Lower tire pressure or something.

Nismoknightska-t
02-24-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm having mad ass wheel hop when i launch (peel off) from first gear. I have 1992 240sx with stance gr+ pro lower about 1.8" and stock engine and everything but i dun know why im having the hop. Any advice for me guys???

if you are into drag.. subframe spacers might help.. sell the stance and go with a spring/strut..

koolcat
02-24-2008, 09:31 AM
nah im not into drag but sometime u just wanna play around in the street with friends. My tire pressure is 33 psi, well im guessing it is the subframe bushing then since everyone is agreeing with it...well thank you all for giving me all the advice, i couldnt change out the bushing now i having a lot of stuff to do so i have no time but ill do it asap if i have some time

unicoladron
02-25-2008, 07:05 AM
nah im not into drag but sometime u just wanna play around in the street with friends. My tire pressure is 33 psi, well im guessing it is the subframe bushing then since everyone is agreeing with it...well thank you all for giving me all the advice, i couldnt change out the bushing now i having a lot of stuff to do so i have no time but ill do it asap if i have some time

the reason it is happning to you know is probably because you have now torn your rear subframe bushings since upgrading your coils. the coils have harsher spring rates and are harder on your bushings, thus ripping them apart. but i couldn't see wider tires being the source of wheel hop.

koolcat
02-25-2008, 08:25 AM
well if i peel off around 3000rpms then it would hop alot but if i launch a lil higher like around 3500 - 4000 or higher, it would just spin without hopping so iono what happen there.