PDA

View Full Version : stupid little coolant hose

KwKouki
02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I finally tracked down my leak as mentioned earlier. I need to know what size hose I need now. I can track down straight samco hose, and would like to replace it with that. Call it ease of mind, call it the ricer in me screaming to color match hoses, call it the fact that its in such a small space that I dont want it popping again.

Also, the intake mani looks like it has to be taken off to get to this, or if anyone else knows a super duper way I would appreciate it

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4318/vfsh2076lb3.jpg

sofo259
02-23-2008, 11:03 PM
that looks like its gonna be a bitch to replace..

umm if it were me, id go head and pull the motor, pull intake, replace hose/gaskets and replace anything else you know needs to be done too...

bigOdom1
02-23-2008, 11:14 PM
now is a great time to replace all the rubber and plastic

beetlejuice
02-24-2008, 01:51 AM
Remove the intake manifold.

Replace that section of hose (samco will be a waste of $...you'll never see if it color matches, it's buried under your intake manifold).

Use new generic worm gear clamps (oem nissan hose clamps are dookie).

No more leaky.

projekt_s13
02-24-2008, 01:57 AM
haha that one is a bitch.

I helped my friend replace that very hose, you have to take the manifold off.

mcpaul
02-24-2008, 02:08 AM
that looks like its gonna be a bitch to replace..

No doubt. I hope this is a current pic and you already have the intake manifold off. I guess this is where having very tiny hands would come in handy.

Coolant problems...reminds me of my old 1990 Nissan Sentra that I drove years ago...the car was generally bulletproof, but one day while driving the temp gague spiked up to hot in a matter of a few seconds time. Fortunately I was able to get it off the road and to a friend's house pretty quickly. I let the motor cool down for a few hours and then went to work on it...I noticed that there was no coolant in the engine at all. I went to fill it up and heard a distinct puddling noise, and noticed that the coolant I was putting in was coming right out of the bottom of the radiator. The radiator drain plug had melted. Talk about a 10 cent item that could destroy the whole works.

s13silvia123
02-24-2008, 02:09 AM
i have the same problem right now but its on a sohc KA and my sr's hoses have been replaced after i changed the intake manifold. but i need the sohc ka done soon. damn winter sucks

KwKouki
02-24-2008, 02:13 AM
lol I was only kidding about the color matching. I was thinking samco because it would be less likely to spring another leak. Also this is not a picture of my engine I used it because its been the only picture where I can see the hose clearly.

I understand what has to be done, I wanted to know if anyone knew the size so I can pick it up and switch it out as fast as possible

nissanguy13
02-24-2008, 02:21 AM
that one is a bitch, it split wide open on my when I was driving. I end up cutting it down the middle to take it off and took it down to Kragen and they matched it. I end up swapping that one and the one next to it while it was installed in my car. I would never wish that upon anyone lol.

Xandy Boosts
02-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Man all the hoses are a bitch to replace between the manifolds

I had to replace one like taht on my DOHC KA. Took me about.....4-6 hours to take off ONE HOSE without taking off my manifold :lol: