PDA

View Full Version : anyone installed a s14 driver power window motor

8Nismo9
02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
i bought my 240sx and the guy said it needed a power window motor for the driver side.I bought it but have no idea to do next lol,can anyone help me??

idlafie
02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Use the SEARCH feature here on Zilvia to find a link to download a copy of the Factory Service Manual, (FSM). Once you get ahold of the factory service manual, read up on the procedures on how to test the power window switch, power window amp & power window motor. You'll need a volt/ohm meter, a metric socket set, along with some test leads and a 12 volt power source.

Easiest way to test the power window motor is to apply 12 volts directly to the motor & see if it spins either upwards or downwards. If it does then, then the motor is fine. Usually on 95's it's either the switch or amp that goes bad. Oh...can't remember if there is a power window relay on the 95's..but if there is one, then you'll definitely want to check that too.

You'll need the FSM to show you how to remove the door panel without damaging it along with removing your window glass in the event you have to replace the power window motor. You'll have to remove the driver side glass window from the window regulator to unscrew the motor from the regulator. You might be able to do it with the window regulator still attached to the door but it's a hell of a lot easier to do with the regulator removed from the car.

Anyhow, it's not all that hard of a job to do...take about an hour or 2 to do. You'll just need to know what you are doing. Hope this helps....

Good Luck!!!

ID

duffman1278
02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Be careful of the loaded spring on the window regulator if you have to put it back on or take it off. I took one out at my work and the teeth from the window lift almost cut my dam finger off.

blackmagic240
02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
hey man if you have an account on 240sx.org use the search button theres a thread on there somplace with pictures and everything its great. but to be honest with you it looks more difficult than it realy is. just take your time and when you have to take the motor off the track thing be ready to use muscle.