PDA

View Full Version : s14 springs questions

burgy240
02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
I know which springs I like best for an S14 and I know what most people say are some of the better companies etc.

My question is what springs have a mild drop and are pretty stiff. The reason being is that they will be going on a car that is significantly heavier and I want to try to avoid hitting the bump stops as much as possible( still will sometimes though).

The key here is to have as little sag as possible because S14 springs will already be lower than the Q45's that they will be replacing.

Thanks in advance

punxva
02-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Eibach Prokit, dont lower too much and are fairly stiff for springs

WilloW
02-18-2008, 11:21 AM
RS-R Race springs, they're stiff and doesn't drop much.

i need tires
02-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Eibach Sportlines.. lower car about 2.5" dont remember how stiff they were because i sold the car shortly after i put them on.

Tenchuu
02-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I had RSR Ti2000 and liked them. the koni blues they were on were a little soft, but the springs were bomber. other than that you always got lots of coils to choose from. also search around here about making your own custom suspension setups. it's been recently covered.

hustlervibes
02-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Go with Swift Sport Mach lowering springs. Very mild drop so you're not monster trucking it, but not low and very good springs that are stiff and still feel smooth and responsive.

burgy240
02-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the input all. I have been trying to find some of these springs mentioned. I think that Eibachs are out because they are not stiff at all and too much of a drop for not being stiff.

RS*R's are my first choice, but I was hoping to find a set used and these seem difficult to find that way... I wish I could just afford airrunner and not have to worry about s14 springs anyway....

projectRDM
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Eibach Sportlines.. lower car about 2.5" dont remember how stiff they were because i sold the car shortly after i put them on.

Sportlines are WAY too soft. Plus their drop is more like 1.8". The proKits are the best choice for most firm and least drop.