PDA

View Full Version : sr overheating, pissing coolant...help please

mxsx25
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
engine is pissing coolant all over the drivers side of the bellhousing on the transmission, i looked under the car and could barely see anything except a slight wetness at the back drivers side corner of where the head meets the block... im pretty sure this must be a head gasket but could you guys give me some ways to check for sure... also, motor pulls hard still 12lbs with the t25 so im thinking if its the head gasket than its just the corner near a water jacket? anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated.. im going to do a comp test tonight so ill update later

Luvs2slide
02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
what are you asking? Where is the leak? Thats only something you could see. Clean everything up when the car is off, and then when you start your car just look for the leak. ALso since its more toward the rear-ish it could be your turbo coolant lines or something...

proledoriat
02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
did you check the heater hoses behind the head? coolant flows through there, and it could have come loose! also check in the oil cap for fluid in your oil, If you blew a hg, there will be chocolate milkyness in there.
Edit: didn't see that it was drivers side, so probably not the heater hoses. I agree with dude above, clean, and look close.

mxsx25
02-16-2008, 08:35 PM
its not my car, but she said that she just had the heater core re'installed or something like that but since its on the drivers side you said that might not be the issue? im going to clean up the block like luvs2slide said and ill report back w. my findings. thanks for the help

proledoriat
02-16-2008, 08:57 PM
look there anyway, it's between the motor and the firewall, more on the passenger side, theres 2 black hoses, maybe there just spraying in that direction.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k14/karencamho/IMG_2301-1.jpg

KwKouki
02-16-2008, 10:24 PM
drivers side............could it be that one of your coolant lines to the turbo is loose?

downshift_sideways
02-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Its your heater core hoses that are leaking.

Tell her to take it back to the place she installed it. I wouldn't run that much boost either. boosting like that, and leaking coolant isn't a smart thing to do.
You will def blow your headgasket alot faster like that.

If no shop installed it, take out the lines and inspect them.They arent that hard to get to, but it is a bitch to squeeze your hands back there.

You might have cracked the tubing that leads into the firewall.

Check on that, then report back ;)

eulalia
02-16-2008, 11:08 PM
look there anyway, it's between the motor and the firewall, more on the passenger side, theres 2 black hoses, maybe there just spraying in that direction.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k14/karencamho/IMG_2301-1.jpg

beat me to it, mine leaks hear and there

there should be a screw by the firewall on the passenger side, that you should tighten

(caution when tightening down!!!! do not over tighten the hell out of it!!! could break, and cause a huge leak, the inside of that hose is plastic and if you tighten down to much it will snap)

downshift_sideways
02-16-2008, 11:15 PM
^word. I think its either a 8mm or 10mm stud.
Or if you can get a phillips screw driver in there. that should do the trick too.

mxsx25
02-17-2008, 05:20 PM
found the leak!, its right where a rubber line to a hardline coming from the turbo which i assume to be the coolant line to the turbo, pissing right out where the hose clamp is, so thanks for the help guys! car should be running like a beaut after i repair that

Luvs2slide
02-17-2008, 07:05 PM
good deal...new it was around there lol i had the same prob a while back.