PDA

View Full Version : F1spec Seats?

SoCal-s130
02-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Wondering if anyone here uses an f1spec seat and what you think about them. Do they sit low with the right sliders?

norcal_black240
02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
My friend has them in his fc T2. They are pretty comfy, good priced, look nice, and hold you in good. He has wedge engineering brackets which do sit high but overall it does not sit to high. Granted he is like 5'8 so if your above 5'10 I would not know if using wedge engineering brackets would work out for you.

KA24DESOneThree
02-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Nothing says ricer like "F1SPEC" on your seats.

drifterdude
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I have a F1 Spec bucket seat, the fabric is cheap but the seat quality i think is excellent for the price you cant go wrong if you are on a budget. The other nice thing is that mine doesnt have any logos on it, its just a plane black seat. The rails that it comes with are garbage so just go and pick up some better rails. I personally dont need FIA approved seats, since i only occasionally go to events. But if you do have the money I would go with bride or recaro or something. I have had a bride zeta III seat before and i cant tell too much different in the structure of the seat except that the fabric is going to wear out quickly on the f1spec seat.

People can call it rice or whatever but i think these seats are better than the signal seat/buddy club depending on what material you choose. I have the carbon kevlar one, although that too doesnt compare to the bride version. The F1spec seat is pretty rigid and mine doesnt have much flex at all, but i cant vouch for the other materials they have to offer.

Hope this helps.

MikeisNissan
02-16-2008, 08:07 PM
I run them, all black, fabric is cheap, but seat is excellent. Soon I am going to run memory cell pads on them.

jackjack
02-16-2008, 08:08 PM
pics looked good, price was good. decided to pick one up. VERY dissapointed. the whole seat is cheap and super flimsy. its sitting in my room right now..... i'll probably let it go for $100 just to get rid of the damn thing. horrible seat IMO.

LongGrain
02-16-2008, 08:25 PM
pics looked good, price was good. decided to pick one up. VERY dissapointed. the whole seat is cheap and super flimsy. its sitting in my room right now..... i'll probably let it go for $100 just to get rid of the damn thing. horrible seat IMO.

pics please.

i'd be interested if you really want to sell it that cheap.

jackjack
02-16-2008, 08:42 PM
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11630100/F1spec_Racing_Seat.jpg

just like ^that. except it has the f1spec logo in white by the leg area.

MikeisNissan
02-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Hmm mine is rather thick. I got them a long time ago when they first released them. Mine is not flimsy at all and def. does not look cheap. But then again mine is made from dry carbon fiber..

jackjack
02-16-2008, 09:09 PM
i ordered the type 3 in fiberglass. think it was about 5-6 months ago. i'm sure the carbon is much stronger.

drifterdude
02-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Yea, mine is the carbon kevlar and is not flimsy either, and i dont have any logos on mine, aside from crap fabric the seat is excellent.

DOOK
02-16-2008, 09:33 PM
hope you don't like your kidneys if you order them.... total junk