PDA

View Full Version : MAF, SOHC or Z32?

levelgx
02-14-2008, 12:40 AM
1989 240sx sr20det

hi, some of you may think this a dumb question but i need to know because i need to get my car in workin order so i can ship it to the states.

I have both mafs and i understand the sohc maf works perfect but i was told the z32 maf will have a rough idle if its not tuned. Is that true? Please I need help.. I leave germany in 4 months.

njd07
02-14-2008, 12:45 AM
use the sohc maf...z32 is gonna be a headache...your gonna need an safc to tune it...not worth it unless your planning to make big hp imo. only reason I went with z32 maf was cuz I couldnt find a stock s14 sr maf.

levelgx
02-14-2008, 12:48 AM
use the sohc maf...z32 is gonna be a headache...your gonna need an safc to tune it...not worth it unless your planning to make big hp imo. only reason I went with z32 maf was cuz I couldnt find a stock s14 sr maf.
Thanks, thats what i thought.. i do plan on running more power later but im waiting to get back the states, german inspections are a b****

njd07
02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
ya and dont forget you have to slightly change the wiring for the sohc maf apossed to the sr maf.

CSXTacy
02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
ok i just got done doing this maf swap on my redtop sr myself! now the car runs just as bad as before! but i noticed above that it says

"ya and dont forget you have to slightly change the wiring for the sohc maf apossed to the sr maf."

i might have this screwed up. could someone give me the wire to wire connections that need to be made when swapping from a sr maf to a SOHC maf??? a wiring diagram or anything would be very helpful!!! thanks guys!!!!

i must have the wires wrong cause when i installed buddy of mines sr maf before i cut the connector it ran great!! this made me believe the maf was faulty so i went and bought a SOHC maf and 3 pin maf plug! now it runs like poop! please help!!!

Big Bronze Rim
02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
From Heavy Throttle's website:
SOHC KA MAFS wiring for SR20DET Engine harness
Hold the plug so that single hump is on the top of the plug, and the wires come out toward you.
The wire colors are for the SR harness, the SOHC KA MAFS may have different colored wires.

1 - 2 - 3

1 – White
2 – Black
3 – Black/White