PDA

View Full Version : Temp Rises when heater is on!

Driftapparel.com
02-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Everytime I turn the heater the temperature SEEMS to be rising.

Anyone heard of this before? The stock gauge doesnt seem to change at all but the Blitz FATT reads that the temp is rising. I usually let it get to about 30 celsius and turn the heat off! Then the FATT temp starts to go down again!:tweak:

I'm not sure if its just effecting the FATT or the engine temp is actually rising.

Dutchmalmiss
02-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Where is your FATT sensor located?

kdashy
02-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Everytime I turn the heater the temperature SEEMS to be rising.

Anyone heard of this before? The stock gauge doesnt seem to change at all but the Blitz FATT reads that the temp is rising. I usually let it get to about 30 celsius and turn the heat off! Then the FATT temp starts to go down again!:tweak:

I'm not sure if its just effecting the FATT or the engine temp is actually rising.

Uh, 30 celcius? isn't that like 85 degrees?

Water temp goes way higher than that.

Driftapparel.com
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
hmmm. maybe not. the temp on the FATT usually sits around 17-25 whatever the FATT measures the temp in lol! so im not entirely sure kdashy.

And I have no idea where the sensor is ill have to check. but that might make a difference huh? thanks dutchmalmiss

kdashy
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
hmmm. maybe not. the temp on the FATT usually sits around 17-25 whatever the FATT measures the temp in lol! so im not entirely sure kdashy.

And I have no idea where the sensor is ill have to check. but that might make a difference huh? thanks dutchmalmiss

The temp sensor is probably sitting in your cabin somewhere and measuring ambient temp.

Water temp needs to be 76C/170F just for the thermostat to open and considered normal operating temp.

Sileighty_85
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
If your FATT reads Water Temp in celcius, and only reading 30 Deg. Somthings wrong I got Defi's and mine read 80ish on a hot day

Driftapparel.com
02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow thanks alot guys! so it probably is not a problem then? lol that would be hilarious!

Is it possible that any of you might know something about my leaky H2O line post. I'll bump it.
Thanks again!