PDA

View Full Version : Help with mines tuned ecu

hayai_240
02-12-2008, 09:15 AM
So my swap came w/ a mines tuned ecu for my redtop sr. It ran just fine for the last 2 months. Over the weekend i decided to put the plastic kick panel over it but it wouldn't fit. So i had to unbolt the ecu and adjust it a few times. After finishing, my car no longer wanted to start. I wasn't getting any spark. The ecu is throwing code 11 which is camshaft position sensor. But it would also throw code 55 sometimes which means everythings fine.

Whenever I put the key in the "ON" position, the ecu starts to flash the codes right away. I can't seem to get it out of dignostic mode. I've turned the mode selector screw fully clockwise then fully counterclockwise multiple times but it still stays in diagnostic mode.

Somehow, I was actually able to get my car to start twice but as the car was running, the second i touch the ecu my car would die immediately. This was a clear indication that there was a wiring issue or a bad ecu. I swapped in a stock redtop ecu and my car fired right up w/ no problems. So I believe I have a bad ecu.

When i was looking at my mines tuned ecu, i noticed something jiggling inside. I was able to jiggle it out and it turned out to be a piece of solder. So i opened up the ecu to see if i could find where it came from but couldn't see anything missing a solder connection.

I drove my car around on the stock redtop ecu and it drove fine but definitely didn't pull as hard as the mines tuned ecu. So I am wondering, Is it possible for me to take the ROM tune from the mines ecu and put it in my stock redtop ecu? I've included pictures of my mines ecu below. All I have to do is unplug the ribbon cable and swap it to my stock ecu? I haven't opened my stock ecu yet but does it also have a separate daughterboard like the mines ecu?

Also, if i could get some insight on how to reset my ecu and clear the codes because i can't seem to get it to do that. Will leaving it unplugged for 24 hours clear the codes and reset the ecu?

Sorry for the long novel but just wanted to be as thorough as possible.

http://x15.xanga.com/36bc231a36730173312509/s131744195.jpg

http://x40.xanga.com/192c341a16130173312529/s131744213.jpg

http://x71.xanga.com/fff8271371738173312551/s131744232.jpg

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
First things first your not gonna be able to see it ensless you have a microscope trust me i'm a electronic engieneer got the experinece to tell ya second it my have been a cold joint the broke and was shorting something in side you may or may not have a joint that is unsolderd i'd say if you were so far away send it to me i'd take a look at it and fix it possible but don't think your gonna send across country to me seeing as ya don't know me best bet would to for get bout it the seals have been broken so you can send it to mines i'd look at it if you'd like but other than that good luck
ps
i'm a certified solder which means i can do MIL spec stuff so i know wut i'm doing good luck man

hayai_240
02-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the offer but for now I want to see if I can just unplug the ribbon cable and stick it in my stock ecu.

hayai_240
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Could someone help me answer whether or not the stock ecu has a daughterboard hooked up to it? And if I can just simply plug the mines daughtboard into it?

cotbu
02-13-2008, 06:47 AM
No it doesn't!
Simply well...., solder header pins, and move cj1 jumper to cj2, without dropping solder on anything, lifting pads or burning yourself. If you do all that it's simple!