PDA

View Full Version : help with my brakes please ! ! !

Hooorahh!
02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
k so i have z32 brakes they were grabing great ...
one day my rear tire went flat so my front breakes weren't grabbing ...
so i put air and my brakes grab again ...

now all of a sudden my brakes dont Grab at all ...

i checked for break fluid and its full
i tried bleeding the brakes and nothing comes out ... ( no brake fluid)
i took the line off the one that connects to the actuall brake its self and stepped on the pedal and the fluid did come out ...

any ideas?

ManoNegra
02-10-2008, 06:45 PM
You bled the brakes in order - driver rear, passenger rear, passenger, driver - and no fluid came out of all of them or just one? Locked piston?

Z U L8R
02-10-2008, 08:05 PM
are you bleeding your brakes by yourself and they won't gravity bleed? or even with someone opening the bleeder screw and the other person pushing the pedal down, still no fluid comes out?

Dave

Hooorahh!
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
i bleed them only the front brakes thats it ..
and im haveing my brother pump the brakes then i lossen the screw and nothing comes out at all

ziptiedae86
02-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Do you have abs? If so you need to disconnect the plug or remove the negative battery terminal prior to bleeding

g6civcx
02-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Read up on how hydraulic brakes work and how to properly service them.

Then go read the BR section in the FSM. Inspect all the lines and calipers. Then bleed as per the FSM. I would go around at least 3 times to make sure you pull out all of the air.

If still nothing then the calipers or the master cylinder needs to be fixed.

FaLKoN240
02-11-2008, 03:53 PM
You have to bleed a WHOLE system of brakes when you bleed them...

Everything is connected.

Start from:

driver rear

passenger rear

passenger front

driver front

Repeat in that order.

Did you change the BMC?

Hooorahh!
02-12-2008, 08:34 AM
no i didnt change the bmc .... ...
k so my car is a rhd does that mean i start from the opposite side ... well still from driver side .. but rhd side correct ?

FaLKoN240
02-12-2008, 09:29 AM
No? LOL, I have no idea. Unless they routed the lines differently on RHD cars.

Dream240
02-12-2008, 09:38 AM
no i didnt change the bmc .... ...
k so my car is a rhd does that mean i start from the opposite side ... well still from driver side .. but rhd side correct ?

So you have NO fluid from ANY lines when you try the 2-man bleeder technique? And you have fluid in reservior? Sounds like you have a clog in either a line or the BMC. How's the pedal feel? Is it super stiff or super soft? Does it even return? If you break the lines at the BMC do you get fluid coming out of the BMC ports and the open brake lines?

Hooorahh!
02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
yeah there is fluid that comes out if i discconect the line from the caliper ... hmmmm i think im gonna have to pay someone to fix em .... ahhhh just when i was gonna buy a bbk

s13.dark1
02-12-2008, 09:17 PM
lol thats sucks o well.

IRN
02-13-2008, 02:57 AM
did your pedal feel change? honey glazed?

Hooorahh!
02-13-2008, 08:22 AM
yeah the pedal goes all the way down kinda soft ...

pbcstylez
02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
sounds like either ur bmc or brake booster took a crap on ya

Dream240
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
sounds like either ur bmc or brake booster took a crap on ya

No, it's definitely not the booster, cause then it would be SUPER stiff. If you've got a squishy pedal then you've either got air in the lines, or maybe you've got a leak in your system that you haven't found yet. A loose line or loose bleeder screw? Is this car ABS?

Have you tried removing the brake line from the caliper and pressing the brake pedal? Does fluid come out? If it shoots out like it shoudl then you've got a faulty caliper. If no fluid comes out then work your way up the lines until you find where the fluid is not flowing from.

Sileighty_85
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I had the same prob. My rear claipers locked up, replaced them but when I was bleeding them I wasnt getting any fluid out. If I cracked a hard line I would get fluid.

Long story short Replaced BMC everything worked perfect.

If you got the Z32's Front and Rear, TheNismoShop.com has a BMC for the 240 with the correct Brake Bias for the Z32's on the 240SX ($130) G/L