PDA

View Full Version : Emanage, SAFC2?

M374llic4
02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I was reading on KA-T.org, their turbo faq they had, the first one said emanage, but also said safc-2? Would you need both?? If not, will SAFC-2 do the necessary job for a basic KA-T setup?

louisdaboois
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
for the most part, many people use:
370cc SR injectors
T25
stock or Z32 mafs.
a wideband 02 is a good idea.
with an safc and have no problems. theres a post on ka-t.org showing various tunes with an safc people run with their setups. keep in mind, a piggy back unit isn't a proper tune. however, some people may argue. to get good, reliable power you should definately invest in a ROM tune.

btw. you dont need both.

M374llic4
02-07-2008, 05:53 AM
As long as the piggyback is providing the proper mixture, I do not see a problem with it. Since SAFC-2 has real time data on screen, would it not be a good idea over emanage in that aspect?

On a side note, I assume only things necessary to boost the KA are, turbo, lines (need to drill oil pan hole for return line? where does the pumped line in to the turbo come from?) injectors, down pipe, manifold, intercooler and piping?

I suppose I have some searching to do. It is probably best to just get another KA and rebuild it first, as I have no idea the overall quality of my current that I just got.

louisdaboois
02-07-2008, 06:25 AM
A rebuild wouldnt hurt. but afr's arent the only thing to consider when tuning a motor. ignition timing comes into play as well. In a turbo'd vehicle that can determine whether or not you detonate a piston.
Like I said, many people have run just an safc for simple setups successfully. It's just my opinion that, in order to get reliable horsepower, you should get every aspect of the ecu tuned, not just tweaking the mafs.
And yes, you do have to drill the oil pan for the return line. Also a T off of the stock oil pressure sending unit is where you get the feed.

murda-c
02-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Don't forget a way to control timing.

I think eManage can do that but a safc cant.

M374llic4
02-07-2008, 10:09 AM
What would be a recommended timing controller along side SAFC?

((sr)) kelly
02-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't forget a way to control timing.

I think eManage can do that but a safc cant.

the emange ultimate can..

all the piggy backs apexi have created are crappy im...

the emange blue is also crappy.. but better then the safc imo..

the emanage ultimate is nice..but i like the pfc better....

steve shadows
02-07-2008, 10:19 AM
If you have to fail

at least fail less.

S-AFC manipulates inputs and blows motors

E-Manage Ultimate changes outputs - get that

Sir
02-07-2008, 12:28 PM
If you have to fail

at least fail less.

HAHAHa.
So true

There is a thread somewhere here that tells you why SAFC sucks.
Getting real tune will be worth it.

johngriff
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Oh, this one?

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=1077578#post1077578

You can make the EMU do everything that the SAFC could do (adapting to different AFM's). Oh and it has all the different nissan AFM's laid out, not some arcane numbering system (like the safc).

If you had a "timing controller" side by side with a "SAFC" then the two devices would be fighting against each other.

Example: You change the AFC for AF/R correction, then use the timing controller to re-manipulate just the timing. Changing the timing might force the AFM into a different range, which you will then have to retune the AFC for, then back and forth, back and forth until you don't have ring lands.

bram StRoker
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
not saying that either are that great e manage or safc( i have an aem ems) but e manage when installed properly is way better than safc. i had an srt4 on safc that made 289whp. that crapped out on me an i got an e manage. initial tune was 271 and ran wierd. a buddy of mine went through the system an figured that a few things were out of place and on the same amount of boost made 317. same thing with with my buddys sr20sentra. emanage>safc in capable hands