PDA

View Full Version : How should I install my Oil temp/pressure gauges?

njd07
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
I have both a megan racing electric oil temp and oil pressure gauges to install. so my research has lead me to 3 options:

option 1) a t-fitting installed into the stock oil pressure hole. I have heard of these breaking tho.

option 2) oil filter sandwich...I have heard the greddy one leaks?? which one does everyone reccomend and will work with the megan racing gauges??

option 3) http://www.nissport.com/ adapter thing. im worried the long oil temp sensor that came with the gauge will be too long to work with this??? anyone know?

basically I need to decide which of these methods I will use and order it. wanna get ready for spring. what do you guys reccomend (from experience). thanks

importdude
02-03-2008, 02:01 AM
oil pressure i would say sandwich then ss line to firewall then mounted on oil sender then to turbo(if turboed)

a Block T will also work(what i have now)
Basically a
male into Block and has female for stock oil guage sender and 2 1/8npt ports for oil pressure sender gauge(aftermarket) and or (oil feeD)

DO NOT PUT THE SENDER UNIT DIRECTLY ON THE T if you go that way
its Too much wieght for the 1/8 bspt and will snap the thread inside the block

hashiriya13
02-03-2008, 02:28 AM
I have both a megan racing electric oil temp and oil pressure gauges to install. so my research has lead me to 3 options:

option 2) oil filter sandwich...I have heard the greddy one leaks?? which one does everyone reccomend and will work with the megan racing gauges??

I am using the Greddy filter relocation kit with both sensors in the sandwich plate with no leaking. Works good and will last long time.:D

MegasquirtCA
02-03-2008, 07:59 AM
The way I have mine setup is that I used a 1/8 BSPT to 1/8NPT adaptor on the block, from their I ran a SS line to the framerail with a T. The T has my Oil Pressure gauge and OEM pressure switch.

projectRDM
02-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Sandwich plate is nice to use, and cheap. Do NOT reinstall the OE pressure switch. You're only going to have more oil leaks keeping it.

mr_240sx
02-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Ian pm s13freeaak..... hes got sandwhich plates and itll be your best bet.

njd07
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Ian pm s13freeaak..... hes got sandwhich plates and itll be your best bet.

ya I remember him selling those....you using one??? if so...no leaks?

fliprayzin240sx
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Get a Greddy Oil filter Reloc kit and kill w birds with one stone. Spot to mount 2 sensors and make it easier to change your filter...

njd07
02-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Get a Greddy Oil filter Reloc kit and kill w birds with one stone. Spot to mount 2 sensors and make it easier to change your filter...

ya only thing is im on a tight budget...having a sr'd kouki and a sr'd s13 coupe...pays a nice toll on the wallet lol...this is for my s13 track car...I dont mind the stock loc of the oil filter...those greddy kits are like what $150?

mr_240sx
03-08-2008, 09:15 AM
ya I remember him selling those....you using one??? if so...no leaks?

yes ive done approx 1000km's and 1 track day and no leaks

INeedNewTires
03-08-2008, 05:37 PM
for oil temp i have greddy pan and theres 2 holes, so i used one for oil temp

Oil pressure i got a oil cooler with filter relocation, and it has a port, which is what i recommend, kill 3 birds 1 stone