PDA

View Full Version : Which suspension would be better for handling?

xLSTONEx
10-15-2002, 08:44 PM
I am thinking about getting some Eibach Pro-kit suspension springs for my car. Is it better for handling than the sportlines or not? And no I don't have the money for coilovers right now, just need something to help handling and drops it just a little, not a lot like the sportlines.

revat619
10-16-2002, 12:27 AM
I've been told (on this site) that H&R springs are a good alternative to eibach pro-kits and sportlines. Im not sure as far as handling goes on the pro-kits, but i'm pretty sure its been said that the drop is very minimal, you'll barely notice it. Thats why im going with H&R's - good handling and a noticeable yet decent drop.

jyt747
10-16-2002, 12:48 AM
depends on what shocks/struts you plan on putting them with. if you're just getting springs, prokits would probably allow your shocks to last a little longer, but sportlines will blow them pretty quick, imo. more details please...

ca18guy
10-16-2002, 03:30 AM
Go look in the chat section, there is a good thread going on similar to this that might help you out.

turbo240sx
10-16-2002, 09:52 AM
sportlines with kyb struts and suspension techniques sway bars. and 17's handles like its on rails

xLSTONEx
10-16-2002, 05:30 PM
well thanks for all the replies, but again i don't care about the drop at all. I jsut want to know which one of the two handles better. They will be on 17 inch tires, but all I want to know is the best for handling, or will the H&Rs handle better. Again i don't care about the drop.

Apparition
10-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Any pics of the sportlines with kyb's?

jyt747
10-16-2002, 09:00 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xLSTONEx @ Oct. 15 2002,7:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well thanks for all the replies, but again i don't care about the drop at all. I jsut want to know which one of the two handles better. They will be on 17 inch tires, but all I want to know is the best for handling, or will the H&Rs handle better. Again i don't care about the drop.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
a lot depends on the drop. the lower the car is, the better/stiffer shocks/struts you're going to have to get. sportlines combined with kyb GR2's will ride like shiet, but if you get them with, say koni yellows, they'll handle good.

A lot of it rides on what shocks you plan on getting...

If you want to find out the spring rates, check out the archive and faq on the second page...

SilviaSR20DET
10-17-2002, 12:26 AM
I have the eibach sportlines on my 97 240sx and they work really well even with stock shocks. I just cant imagine how well my car would handle with new shocks, strut bars and sway bars. Id recommend getting the eibach sportlines because it performs good and has a perfect drop.

i hate rice rockets
10-17-2002, 01:10 AM
yea i also have ebiach sportline on my s14 and its great...its a nice drop and it handles pretty good....

KyoLo
10-17-2002, 01:43 AM
pro-kit for daily drive
sportline for stiffer performance..u decide

240sxer95
10-17-2002, 03:48 PM
i got prokit on my s14, i think there great, its a really nice drop... i was wondering which shocks i should get? ? ?
i was thinking baout AGX's....

rippin240
10-19-2002, 06:01 PM
i have the sportlines and kyb gr2 and it handles like its on rails the sportlines arent too low but the are very stiff mounted with gr2s very tight handling

sheadee240
10-20-2002, 12:12 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rippin240 @ Oct. 19 2002,7:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have the sportlines and kyb gr2 and it handles like its on rails the sportlines arent too low but the are very stiff mounted with gr2s very tight handling</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Those GR2s will have a relatively short life with Sportlines.

As far as handleing is concerned the Pro-Kit is the way to go. &nbsp;I believe it is one of the stiffest spring artes out there, I've heard the H&R are a little to soft for the drop and you will bottom out. &nbsp;The higher spring rate is the best route to better handling. &nbsp;I've talked to people who race competitively and lowering the car too much throws off the suspension geometry.

This one guy who I Auto-X with is sponsored for road racing in a sick freaken mustang, and he told me that if you really want the best handleing (non coil-over) select the spring with the least drop and the highest spring rate...thus pro-kit!

Most of these peole who drop there cars are doing it for appearance, with handling as a bonus, but for the handling freak the pro-kit is the sheEit.

TRUST...try to find someone who as written anything bad about the Pro-Kit other than "WAA-WAAH my car isn't low enough"

DuffMan
10-20-2002, 02:25 AM
Well for one guy one this forum the prokits actually raised his car.

I would definitely stay away from sportlines. That low you're going to have all kinds of alignment issues, and also sportlines will probably bottom out when driving autox unless you have some really stiff shocks.

sheadee240
10-20-2002, 02:41 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DuffMan @ Oct. 20 2002,03:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well for one guy one this forum the prokits actually raised his car.

I would definitely stay away from sportlines. That low you're going to have all kinds of alignment issues, and also sportlines will probably bottom out when driving autox unless you have some really stiff shocks.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Maybe I'm a assh0le, but I don't believe that at all. &nbsp;I actually remember hearing someone complaining that there car was higher, but I think that was someone freaking out because they intended to REALLY lower there car rather than make a suspension improvement, and they were really dissapointed that it wasn't slammed.

I never did any measuring or any of that crap, because I am a performance guy, not a low-rider. &nbsp;But, On my pro-kit style S14 I can't fit three fingers between the tires and wheel well up front, and in back I can't fit two fingers.

And that is with 235/40/17s which are actually smaller in diameter than the stock 205/55/16s.

Like I said, "other than WAAA Wah, WAGH it's not low enough"

Danio
10-20-2002, 02:53 AM
What linear springs would you guys recommend?