PDA

View Full Version : manual locks, window, to auto locks n power window

s13silvia2761
01-29-2008, 11:03 PM
I was wondering what is the easiest way to convert my manual locks and window to power windows and locks. I have a good amount of experience on wiring and good amount of experience with working on cars period. I just hate having to wait till the passenger has to get out then reach over and lock it myself. going inside as well. Also i hate it when someone pulls up to you on the passenger side and starts talking to you then you have to reach over and roll the window down yourself! haha lame right. i just would like to know the best way to do this and what parts i need etc....

Addicted2Kouki
01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
You will need atleast the following:

Power window/door lock switch
door wiring harness
Power window motor
Power window relay
power lock actuator

not sure how the harness is when there is no power acc.
so im not sure if its plug and play.

im pretty sure theres writeups on this somewhere.
I know ppl who have done it.
So its very possible.

NI_YON_Zenki
01-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Cont'd Options:
Power Windows (2 door)
http://www.customstreetdesigns.com/power_window_kit.htm

Door locking (2 door)
http://www.customstreetdesigns.com/2271-P2DLK.htm

Best Regards.

xkamikazestormx
01-30-2008, 02:01 AM
power door locks - use actuators and relays that gives signal with your alarm.

power window - i got all the stock components. power window motor, regulator, harness, amp, switch, panels, etc. ran the wires and done. finished it in a couple hrs.

g6civcx
01-30-2008, 07:10 AM
Buy complete doors from the junkyard. Also clip the harness connector on the body harness side. You also need the door lock timer. Check the FSM.

Install the doors and wire them up per the FSM if you're good at wiring.

If you want to keep your doors, then you need to gut your door and swap the power equipment over. I haven't done this swap before so I can't tell you how hard it will be to make power equipment fit a manual door, but at least the wiring is simple if you follow the FSM.

KiLLeR2001
01-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Switching from manual windows to power is relatively easy. You'll need to use power door panels to fit the switches, and two relays (which i mounted in the door) that control windows down and windows up.

d3m14n
01-30-2008, 08:44 AM
wouldnt it be easier to just get lock actuators installed while keeping your your old doors?

98s14inaz
01-30-2008, 08:47 AM
wouldnt it be easier to just get lock actuators installed while keeping your your old doors?

He wants power windows too. Might as well do it all at once.

projectRDM
01-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Not if you get complete doors with the window parts also.

I've discussed before what's required. Search. You can also view the FSM and get a real good idea without creating a thread about it.

xkamikazestormx
01-30-2008, 11:12 AM
a simple diy:

1) take off door panel
2) take off windows
3) take out regulator
4) install power regulator
5) install same window
6) wire it up (theres 3 wires you have to run to the passenger side)
7) install power window panels
8) done.

like i said, i finished it in a couple hrs.

gtuned
05-03-2009, 08:28 AM
what is FSM?