PDA

View Full Version : problems getting into programming mode for s14 keyless entry?

tastyratz
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I have a 95 s14 se that came with no keyless entry remote, but it does have the security light on the dashboard so it should HAVE keyless entry.
So I found this
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/altima/inst_remote-entry.gif
in another thread on zilvia on how to program your keyless entry remote. Ive done several searches and this is what I find. Problem is when I try several times to get into programming mode my car will never do it! I put the key in slow, fast, even, paced, many times, not so many times... I try all different ways but my hazards never flash.

Anyone know why? Is there something I could be doing wrong? Some other way to get into programming mode anyone knows up? Why cant I get it working?

tastyratz
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
update:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=135405&highlight=program+keyless+remote
That picture came from the thread above. For anyone searching the method is incorrect. The picture doesn't mention locking your doors first, Digging more I found threads that mentioned that and I have been able to enter programming mode.

The hazards don't flash when I hit a button on the remote however. I checked the battery and its good.

Ive heard mention of a fuse somewhere for the factory security but I see nothing resembling in either fusebox. Anyone know which one I should be looking at?

SINxSELEKTAH
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
the fuse maybe on a separate module (alarm system) itself, idk.

orion::S14
01-31-2008, 06:57 AM
To see if it has a factory alarm - Does it have a hood switch? I know you're assuming based on the dash light, but check for other signs.

...i.e. under the hood, there should be a plunger-style switch on one of the fenders (sorry, can't remember which side).

Can you post a pic of your engine bay?

- Brian

2fast4y0u
01-31-2008, 09:17 AM
the hood switch would be on the passenger side next to the battery and fender.

try this...just did mine like 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly

How to reprogram FOB (Keyless entry remote)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For OEM stock keyless entry systems 95 < (and above)

1.Get in & lock the doors

2.Insert the key into the ignition 6 times within 15 seconds (taking the key out all the way, then back in).

3.Hazard lights should flash

4.Put key back into the ignition & turn to run position but do not start.

5.Hit the lock button on the remote

6.Hazards should flash.

7.Pull key out and open the drivers door and then close it

8.It should be set

HALT!!!
Remember to do number 7! most people think it's programmed after they pull the key out. you have to unlock the doors, open the drivers door, then close it to be programmed correctly.

bigOdom1
01-31-2008, 10:28 AM
i have the little security light but never noticed or thought to buy a new keyless fob. someone take a picture under the hood so i know what i am looking for

2fast4y0u
01-31-2008, 10:35 AM
just look right above the battery fuse box area on the edge of the fender

your looking for a black plunger...its like a rubber boot bit only 1 inch tall

S14DB
01-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Also there are 3 relays on the engine side of the fuse box under the hood.

2fast4y0u
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2181/img00046tk3.jpg

tastyratz
01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
I have a hood switch on my car.

2fast4y0u:
Ive come across multiple directions on how to do it, some say put the key to on, some say put the key to acc. Ive tried both. Ive tried the exact same procedure you listed but #6 doesn't happen. At this point I think the keyless entry remote is dead but I want to make sure everything else on the car is 100% too.

I noticed sometimes it goes into programming mode after only putting the key in and out 3 times but alot of times its less than 6. I try the full 6 anyways too.

Are the relays/fuses shared with anything else? I didn't see anything labeled alarm/security/or anything obvious. Could it have another label?

S14DB
01-31-2008, 12:48 PM
They are 3 in a row front to back bolted to the engine side of the fusebox. Not in the fusebox. Piggybacking on the side. E55, E11, E10

2fast4y0u
01-31-2008, 12:58 PM
im definetly no expert with this, but that guide worked for me perfectly...if there is another issue im afraid i cant help you with that.

check those relays like s14db said

orion::S14
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
If, for some reason, the alarm cannot be armed (bad hood switch, bad door switch, or the like)...then you probably can't program the remote.

That's an assumption, but it makes good sense.

- Brian

chituntang
01-31-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8185

I had the same problem a while ago and I think it out that the key cylinder is not giving power to that wire. So you cannot get into the program mode. I have to hot-wire it to get it into the program mode. The remote works now, but when I was doing it, the interior lamp fuse blow, and remote would not work with the fuse back in...

But oh well, I would rather have a remote than the interior light.

Steps to do it. The smart entrance computer is located under the dash on the driver side. Locate it and find that wire, and splice it. Find a 12v power and tap it 6 times and it should work. After that, make sure you connect the wire back or power door is not going to work.

tastyratz
02-03-2008, 09:27 AM
s14db, I found the 3 relays in a row on the side of the fusebox which had the 1 relay labeled "anti-theft" I tested it and its ok. I also looked at my hood switch and noticed there is nothing mounted on the hood that triggers the switch! I tried manually using a block of wood to program and no go, just looks like the remote at this point. Does anyone have a picture of the thing that goes on the hood side to trigger the hood switch?

chituntang
02-04-2008, 03:26 AM
If all your sensors are activated, the security light on your dash will not flash. And if you are trying the factory way, this is the first thing you need to find out. If it does not blink, then all the sensors are working (hood, trunk, and both door). Then next step is to open driver side window, lock the car with key and see if security light stays on for 30sec and blinks every 2.4 sec. Unlock door without key or power lock and see if security activates. If it does, then your system is good. If not, you have to download the FSM and look it up.

If everything works but the key trick just does not work, it is the key cylinder not giving signal to the smart entrance computer. Same thing happened to my car.