PDA

View Full Version : KA problems...

viscid240
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
It's a bone stock 96 ka auto...

My girl had been noticing some hesitation and jerking a from 30-45mph, and from a stop. Until the other day the car was hard to start and when it did ran about 20 min. and had no pedal pressure (gas) but car still on. coasted over to the middle lane, turned car off and has not started since.

I have replaced:
distributor cap, rotor.
plugs, wires.
fuel filter.

I checked to see if fuel was coming from after the ff line and was, and after the rail, with injectors removed.

What else should I look at? There was a cel right before this took place, which came to a " random misfire". The car ran flawless and then this came from nowhere.

All help is beyond appreciated....

-Andrew

Sidewayzzz
01-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Well if your getting fuel, then your problem is spark related. The bucking/hesitation definantly seems spark related. Use the FSM to ohm out the distributor, as you have replaced everything else that is spark related, besides the ignitor.

It's not a compression issue, or at least is very unlikely, because they do not just happen, thats something that goes out over-time.

Check the codes again, if you've got none, then I would definantly ohm out the distributor with the speficiations from an s14 FSM. Remeber the s14's have an internal coil w/ primary and secondary pickups.

At least, thats what it sounds like to me.

s13pignose
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Do you still have the CEL..if you haveb't pulled the code check out ka24development.com for steps on how to do so from the ecu..they also have a nice index of codes layed out. Helped me sort out my problems a couple of times.

No expert but I wonder if it's maf related. Or IACV...

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=172222&highlight=iacv

Sounds like you all might have similar problems. I myself have never experienced this in my 95 auto...knock on wood. Hopefully someone will chime in and can give u a better idea of what the problem is.

viscid240
01-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, Thanks. The MAF was next on my list, trying to source one or borrow one locally. I have looked into the iacv also but was told that could not be the problem. I might have to check into that for sure.

I never cleared the code so it should still be there. Yeah it was weird car ran great then out of nowhere it falls on its face.

Something went out, and showed no symptoms that's what throws me off. I will be taking a look into it again all this week.

s13pignose
01-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Well good luck then