PDA

View Full Version : high rpms cuts out

gippy87
01-20-2008, 01:01 AM
I have a sr20 just swappeed it in a few weeks ago. I searched and found people with similar problems but no answers, hope someone can help. Well the car didnt have this problem for the first week then it came out fo no where. When at full throttle and high rpms the car starts to cut out. Also if its not to much trouble can someone tell me how you would test a coil pack is there a way to do it with a multi meter?

amaank
01-20-2008, 02:17 AM
You want to disconnect the coil from the harness. Check resistance between terminal 1 and terminal 2, you should have 1 ohm of resistance. My car was doing the same thing some time ago.

I fixed it by putting in spark plugs that were a grade colder. They were NGK bkr7es.

Either way take out your spark plugs and check them out.

deesz
01-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Could be a maf issue could be a falty waste gate. Could be a bad blow off valve. Could be a boost leak..

What mods do you have done?????

gippy87
01-20-2008, 07:44 PM
fmic, blitz boost controller, nismo fpr, turboxs bov i know they are leaky but i had it on my last sr with no issues, walbro fuel pump.

gippy87
01-20-2008, 11:12 PM
replaced spark plugs and it fixed the cutting out problem however still not sure what caused the spark plugs to go bad in the first place. The first week there was no problem and it slowly got worse an worse till today i couldnt even go into 10psi of boost without cutting out liek crazy.