PDA

View Full Version : 89 KA BuCKING

bbejj123
01-10-2008, 11:53 PM
i just recently bought my car...drove it home from widomar... i live in la crescenta...on the way back my car ran out of gas over in arcadia because of my my fuel gauge working and then not working... so i change the fuel filter and put in a new 02 sensor because the old one's wire snapped... i put new gas in and it ran almost as good as when i first drove it... but when i let it idle in first gear so going around 5 mph around 1k rpms the car starts to buck and im not sure what i problem is...i think it may be bad injectors...i took out the sparks plugs and they were all clean so im really not sure... if you could please help me out that would be great

sorry for the grammar or lack there of and incomplete sentences

thanks, brett

bbejj123
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
bump...anyone?

gixxer103
01-11-2008, 03:14 PM
sup man my car does dat but i thnk its da maf...could be dirty or loose...cuz i cleaned mine and connected it tight...i thnk check the temp. sensor tooo i changed mine out...

SR20n00b
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
yea clean ur maf.

dunno bout u though my car doing 5mph in 1st with me not on the gas at all is slow enough to stall my shit out rofl

idlafie
01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Congratulations on the purchase of your S13.

Not sure how mechanically inclined you are, but if you can either purchase or download a copy of the Nissan Factory Service Manual for your model year car. If you plan on working on it, the information in the FSM along with here from Zilvia, is very informative. Use the SEARCH function on Zilvia to download your copy.

With that said, first put your ECU in Diagnostic Mode & see if any Trouble Codes are stored in memory. Fix those problems first then try the following:

Give your car a good tuneup!!....Replace the distributor cap & rotor, sparkplugs...make sure they are the right ones for your car, air filter, checking the idle & timing, cleaning out the throttle body & pouring a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in your gas tank.

Check all your vacuum lines to make sure none are brittle & leaking. Clean out your MAF along with checking the wiring to make sure there are no electrical shorts. Also check your Engine Coolant Temperature, (ECT) Sensor & wiring for electrical shorts. Use Dielectric grease on the MAF sensor and ECT sensor connectors once you connect them back.

Check your spark plug wires with an ohm meter / continuity tester to make sure there are no shorts in the wiring. Also, disconnect the wires leading to your injectors one at a time to test them & make sure they are working fine.

Test the wiring from the ECU to the injectors to make sure there are no electrical shorts...use dielectric grease on the injector connectors once you connect them back. You might want to also check your fuel pump & fuel pressure regulator to make sure each is working fine.

Seems like overkill but in the long run, your car will run better once done. If none of the above solve your problem, then chances are you could have an electrical short somewhere in the wiring that could cause your bucking problem.

Anyhow, good luck!!... Hope you are able to figure out the source of your bucking problem.

ID