PDA

View Full Version : flooded?

s13boy89
01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
i changed my injectors, and apparently i didnt put them in all the way because it started shooting out white smoke/stalling out and was leaking around the seal of it. so i got other injectors with new o rings, lubbed the rings, tapped the injectors flush, now it doesnt leak out. BUT now the car is hard to crank up and when it does ALOT of white smoke/unburned fuel just keeps coming out of the exhaust and the engine wants to die. whats the problem?

ITS A KADE

s13boy89
01-11-2008, 04:12 AM
buuummmmpppp

Rusker
01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Does the oil now smell like gas?

s13boy89
01-11-2008, 03:52 PM
great, now theres a puddle of oil underneath the engine. ganna check where its coming from right now

aznpoopy
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
what do you mean you 'tapped' the injectors flush

they have to be installed by hand only. push down with your hand, twist side to side gently and feel for it to snap into place. no tapping on them or forcing them down with the caps. that pinches the bottom o-ring and causes gas leaks

SR20n00b
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
isnt too much fuel black smoke though?

s13boy89
01-11-2008, 11:32 PM
well after looking. the rear main seal is blown, and we cranked it with no injectors and got major blow by - oil or fuel shooted out of the breather , so i guess that means my rings are fucked?

s13boy89
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
all this because of injectors

aznpoopy
01-12-2008, 02:31 AM
its more likely you flooded the shit out of your engine and your oil now has the consistency of water, which is why it went right past the rear main seal.

you really shouldn't even attempt to crank the engine in such a state. super thin gas/oil probably doesn't lube as well as standard engine oil.

pull the spark plugs and let the cylinders air out overnight
reinstall the injectors with new seals, the right way (see above)
for the love of god, change the oil and filter

then you can try and get it started again. if it does run, you're going to want to do a few oil changes in quick succession afterwards, and change spark plugs.

tt99ol
01-12-2008, 02:43 AM
my friend had that problem, the smoking and not starting after it flooded, he also just cranked it to see if that would get all the gas out, it hydrolocked his motor and bent a rod and destroyed the rings, he hasnt driven the car in almost a year now

s13boy89
01-12-2008, 02:50 AM
sence alot of oil/fuel shot out of the breather when i cranked it, does that mean i need new rings? im going to have to pull the engine out anyway to change the rear main seal right?

aznpoopy
01-12-2008, 03:07 AM
all you have to do to change the seal is drop the tranny. i've never shot shit out of the crankcase vent so i really don't know what that means. maybe the rings are sealing poorly because of the watery oil.

i've hydrolocked a motor before from a flooding problem. i realized it was hydrolocked quickly and stopped trying to crank it. motor was and is fine, although i swapped it out a year later anyway.

seriously, before you do anything, just do the simple steps above and try to get it started.

if you're really worried, you can always do leakdown/comp and see if there's any serious internal damage. if you decide to keep it, then go ahead and pull the tranny and change the rear main seal.