PDA

View Full Version : Headlight probs.

Titan
10-07-2002, 06:32 PM
*I searched for this on both the forums and 240sx.org, but didn't find the solution pertaining to my problem.

Ok, so here's the deal. My left headlight goes up and down on command, just fine. Whereas my right headlight refuses to come up from the closed position.

I disconnected my battery and hand-cranked the motor like it recommends on 240sx.org. I cranked it up and down a few times, then left it up. Once up, I reconnected the battery, and placed the key in. As I pushed the switch, both lights came down, yet when I pressed the switch again, only my left light popped up.

Is it possible the right motor just doesn't have enough power to push it up? Should I try some WD-40 on the sliding mechanisim?

*Note: The right motor (non-working) had quite a bit less resistance then the left motor (working), as it was easier to crank the right one.

BTW, does anyone know what the approximate cost of such a motor would be at a junkyard or new from the dealership?

Any advice would be great, thanks,

Pete

camppain
10-08-2002, 03:25 AM
does it work withthe button? one only goes up when youtryturning the lights on correct?

see if any linkages are broken if not check electrical connections then move to the motor ive never dealt with problem solving the motor but some of my info should help

Titan
10-08-2002, 10:29 AM
I'll do that. But why would the motor go down at the push of the button (after cranking it up by hand), but not up?

In other words, the motor works when closing the headlight, but not when opening it.

camppain
10-08-2002, 11:32 AM
well that button uses vacuum iirc not to sure but thats to get your lights at least up so you can have lights at night its a backup for cases like this