PDA

View Full Version : -AN fittings, are they all the same?

khilgers
01-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Between Earls, Russell, and Aeroquip does one company make a better -an fitting? What about hoses? I'm assuming they are all mostly the same, but I have never worked with any of them, or have any type of experience. So for the people that have do you prefer one company over the other, and why?

BTW, I will be putting together a oil cooler, and power steering cooler setup, that is why I asked the question.

sean350z
01-05-2008, 02:52 PM
I just bought some Summit Racing hose ends for my fuel filter setup and they seem pretty good. Not sure if the differences are huge in between the manufactures. Earls hose seems good and reliable. Haven't tried others though.

I'll be doing my oil cooler setup soon, and I'll probably stick with the Summit Racing fittings. As long as everything is clean and you don't over-tighten the hose you shouldn't have any leaks.

Dousan_PG
01-05-2008, 02:53 PM
i have used russel earls and aeroquip

alls about the same
really no difference

my oil cooler stuff is aeroquip
my ps stuff is earls
and i have misc stuff w/ russell

its all gravy.

McRussellPants
01-05-2008, 02:57 PM
The anodizing is different.

Summit/whatevers on circut sports lines is low quality

Earls/Aeroquip/Russell is pretty good.

I'd assume XRP is really nice, particularly the highflow mil-spec shit.

luisgonz
01-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Between Earls, Russell, and Aeroquip does one company make a better -an fitting? What about hoses? I'm assuming they are all mostly the same, but I have never worked with any of them, or have any type of experience. So for the people that have do you prefer one company over the other, and why?

BTW, I will be putting together a oil cooler, and power steering cooler setup, that is why I asked the question.

Earls, Russell and Aeroquip have the casting's to a snug fitting. There are some people on here selling some fake china shit. I have first hand on what quality of the lines suck balls. I didnt buy them but have had to clean up there mess. There brake lines that you see on ebay are shit and have failure under normal use. Please dont buy them. Thats just my 2 worthless cense.LOL

fakts13
01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
right now, only earl's and xrp are made in usa. everything else is overseas, mostly china.

rps13drift
01-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I used the aeroquip push-loc -AN fittings and lines in my vehicle and i love them. The lines arent stainless steel braided but they come in colors and can support 350psi of fuel ,oil or pretty much anything you can flow through them

Ninjabread
01-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Working with Earls lines, it seems they are very high quality.

Couldn't tell you more, but the look cool, and make taking the turbo off like 100x easier.

bziggers13
01-12-2008, 09:11 AM
I used earls for my ps project.. needless to say, it didn't last too long. I'm thinking the high pressure caused a spot on the line where it eventually blew.

I usedthe ss braided lines earls sold with their fittings.

I've not seen any differences in quality fittings thought.

Slidin240Wayz
01-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Earl's.........holler!

scottie
01-12-2008, 09:30 AM
The only difference you have to keep in mind is that if you purchase Earl's, Russell, XRP, etc..... you must purchase their lines with it. If you try to cross Earl hoses with Aeroquip fittings you can run into issues of fitment. You will struggle more to get a mixed match set together than if you stick will the same company. Dont ask me why but this is my experience. I like Earls and XRP the best. But like everyone else said, i dont notice any difference between brands as far as sealing or failures. AN anything is great.

If you really want to ensure no leaks give BRMS a call.

Wiisass
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
If you really want to ensure no leaks give BRMS a call.

You mean BMRS? http://www.bmrs.net/

fromxtor
01-12-2008, 10:49 AM
The USAF uses aeroquip, remember steel braided teflon lines work just as well as the high pressure rubber with the steel braiding on the inside. I wish we had more stock/fittings at work I could be hooking ppl up w/ lines that are pressure checked.

burnsauto
01-12-2008, 10:54 AM
are those AN fitting installation tools really worth it? (not the wrenches, the tool that supposed to make it easier to install the hose into the fitting, without scratching the fitting)

fakts13
01-12-2008, 10:57 AM
if you're good at assembling them, you don't need those tools.. it's all in how clean you cut the hose

burnsauto
01-12-2008, 11:02 AM
if you're good at assembling them, you don't need those tools.. it's all in how clean you cut the hose

thats what i thought. im building my own oil catch system soon, and just wanted to know.

TRICK: (even though most of you know it...maybe it'll help out someone...somewhere.)

When cutting braided hose, wrap where you're cutting with electrical tape, it really helps out with controlling all those loose ends.

fakts13
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
here's another tip, use a masonry chisel to cut the hose instead of an abrasive cutter or saw. Just get a .25~.5" thick plate of aluminum maybe about 2"x2" and place under hose. take masonry chisel and a 5 lbs. sledge hammer and cut. it cuts the hose CLEAN. no debris inside hose and minimal fraying of braid. after the cut, round out the hose w/ vise jaws. works everytime for me

LoanShark
01-12-2008, 01:07 PM
what about Fragola?

I can get them real cheap from a local shop thats why I'm asking. If they're shit, I'll just get Russel stuff.

fakts13
01-12-2008, 01:29 PM
never dealt with their fittings. looks to be somewhat decent, based on the fact they use a similar method of holding the hose in the hose end as Earl's and XRP and most of the other big brand fittings.... actually after looking at russell's hose end diagrams, I would rather get fragola than russell. russell uses a taper to hold the hose in the end, not too big a fan of that type.