PDA

View Full Version : Turbocharged KA24DE wear and tear

Takumi
01-08-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm wondering, how much wear and tear does a turbo kit cause on the engine?  I know a turbo kit would wear out the engine even faster, but by how much?  I'd definately know that you're supposed to run 92 octane ...or at least I think you should. It would suck to have a turbo kit and then having your motor blow out on ya in a couple years or so.  I'm just wondering just for future references on boosting around 7-8 psi daily or even less.

White240sx
01-08-2002, 09:58 PM
The heat is the only "side effect" of turbo charging. As long as you don't detonate, go lean, or starve the shaft bearing of oil (all extremely rare occurrences) you should have many years of trouble free service.

S14 Drgn
01-09-2002, 03:18 PM
wouldn't the intercooler help here as well or is that related with something else?

AceInHole
01-09-2002, 04:24 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from S14 Drgn on 3:18 pm on Jan. 9, 2002
wouldn't the intercooler help here as well or is that related with something else?</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>

the intercooler lowers the intake temp... and i suppose would lead to lower exhaust temps, even though the air/fuel mixture pretty much determines that. &nbsp;the IC is more of a performance item than a wear preventing item.