PDA

View Full Version : ka jumped time?

nightshiftgarage
01-03-2008, 06:02 PM
so yesterday my car was being impossible to start due to my cold start enrichment not being setup for this cold weather 22 degrees.i tried to start is thinking if i got it running i would get it home in the garage and not dirve it anymore until it gets warm. while the engine was bucking around and trying to start im wondering if anyone else has ever had there ka jump time this way. im not sure if mine has yet because its still too cold to start. in the process my starter also sheered all the teeth off of my fidanza flywheel. luckily i have another on of those , but pulling the tranny in the garage floor is going to suck.any expeiriences by anyone else of jumping time this way?

murda-c
01-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I've never heard of one jumping time like that, but i have heard of them jumping due to low oil pressure.

what type of oil are you using? maybe it's to thick for the cold weather.

bongnak
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
wait isnt there a crank sensor on the obd2 ka's that uses the teeth on the flywheel as trigger points for crank angle?

nightshiftgarage
01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
hmm ,im using 10 40 in it right now . ive been trying to use thicker oil in it since it needs a bottom end rebuild soon. thats deff a possibility. good thinkin.

crank sensor means nothing to me . im on standalone ems

bongnak
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
what ems?
msglength

murda-c
01-03-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah plus i think the crank angle sensor is just emissions related anyway.

Btw nightshift aren't you the guy with the 180whp na ka?

i like that.

SR20d2fourT
01-03-2008, 07:02 PM
My S14 has problems starting in the cold. It didn't jump time, however. It does leak oil and I dont know from where (it's all over the pulleys and sway bar) so I'm kinda pissed. But we have the same problem. I just didn't chip flywheels. GOodluck man.

nightshiftgarage
01-03-2008, 07:16 PM
yeah i am that guy, ive decided if it did jump time , then its time to build a mild bottom end to surpass the 200 whp mark lol

when all else fails .........upgrade

nightshiftgarage
01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
soo heres the damage done to my starter and flywheel after the winter attack.http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/nightshiftgarage/flywheeldamage2.jpghttp://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/nightshiftgarage/starter.jpg