well im doin a front end conversion and
i would like to know which wires that
i dont need so i could re route my wires under the
fender to the engine bay because i would like to drop it
an inch lower so i wont have have to worry about
rubbing my wires in my fenders. thanxs in advance

!Zar!
01-03-2008, 12:52 AM
If there were wires not needed, they wouldn't be there in the first place.

cc4usmc
01-03-2008, 12:58 AM
You can move them without REmoving them.

GoodOl'S13
01-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Unless you are going to rewire the car, tuck the harness.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/soshit1/04528985.jpg
courtesy of Soooshi's sig. :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

frnch
01-03-2008, 01:10 AM
like the motor wires or the cruise control can i cut that shit

projectRDM
01-03-2008, 01:11 AM
You can remove whatever you don't need, but if you have to ask and aren't consulting an FSM, you clearly don't need to be doing any wiring.

frnch
01-03-2008, 01:21 AM
You can remove whatever you don't need, but if you have to ask and aren't consulting an FSM, you clearly don't need to be doing any wiring.

wht do u mean by fsm and do u think cutting and extending wires are a good idea what would u prefer?

GSXRJJordan
01-03-2008, 01:31 AM
FSM = Factory Service Manual. Download it.

What Russ means is that if you have to ask what's necessary, and don't have a FSM, you probably shouldn't cut anything... just tuck the harness above the side of the frame rail and call it a day.

enjoidorifto14
01-03-2008, 01:36 AM
why would you need to lower your car that low? Its just going to messed up the geometry of your suspension.

!Zar!
01-03-2008, 01:45 AM
why would you need to lower your car that low? Its just going to messed up the geometry of your suspension.

So?

I don't give a fuck about geometry. Lean how to deal with whatever changes you make and adjust accordingly.

OP: Just tuck your harness between your fender.

Search it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

frnch
01-03-2008, 01:46 AM
FSM = Factory Service Manual. Download it.

What Russ means is that if you have to ask what's necessary, and don't have a FSM, you probably shouldn't cut anything... just tuck the harness above the side of the frame rail and call it a day.

i see would it still have enuff clereance for the fenders to go ver without it bothering the wires and do i need that plastic part around the wire cause i find it to bulky for it to fit on the frame rail

frnch
01-03-2008, 01:48 AM

to much wheel gap for my taste and i want it flush.

racepar1
01-03-2008, 01:41 PM
So?

I don't give a fuck about geometry. Lean how to deal with whatever changes you make and adjust accordingly.

OP: Just tuck your harness between your fender.

Search it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

That is a fucking ignorant opinion about the suspension geometry man. Geometry is everything. Maintaining proper suspension geometry allows you to run softer springs while maintaining the same amount of body roll, which in turn makes the car more stable over mid-corner bumps and increases the overall grip. It also maintains the proper camber and toe curves. An overlowered car will actually start to gain positive camber as the suspension compresses, which means that you have to run more camber to compensate, which decreases braking and acceleration traction (not to mention wearing the hell out of the inside of your tires).

i see would it still have enuff clereance for the fenders to go ver without it bothering the wires and do i need that plastic part around the wire cause i find it to bulky for it to fit on the frame rail

You have to remove the plastic harness that covers the wires, tape the hell out of the wiring, and zip-tie it above the pinch weld on the frame. That's it. I would not reccomend that you remove ANY wiring unless you know exactly what you are doing (which you clearly do not), if you do you will most likely screw something up.

g6civcx
01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
We don't know what you need or don't need. As far as I'm concerned, you need to keep every wire that's required to be compliant with state/federal laws.

The bare minimum would be to ditch everything and just keep enough to run the engine, ECU, fan, ignition, starter, and fuel pump. You may want to keep your brake lights as well to pass tech.

On top of that, there's really nothing else you need for a track car.

For a street car, you'll need all the lights and horn, gauge cluster, and whatever else the cops want you to have.

Anything else you don't want may be removed. Consult the FSM for detailed wire colours and locations.

!Zar!
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
That is a fucking ignorant opinion about the suspension geometry man. Geometry is everything. Maintaining proper suspension geometry allows you to run softer springs while maintaining the same amount of body roll, which in turn makes the car more stable over mid-corner bumps and increases the overall grip. It also maintains the proper camber and toe curves. An overlowered car will actually start to gain positive camber as the suspension compresses, which means that you have to run more camber to compensate, which decreases braking and acceleration traction (not to mention wearing the hell out of the inside of your tires).
Who gives a fuck?

If I cared about killing tires I wouldn't be doing any form of motorsports.

Go put your grassroots motorsports book away and stop stating the already known.

The car from the factory is too high and you can lower it to arms level and not have any ill effects. Only positive. When you go lower and your arms aren't level then you start changing how your suspension responds. But then again, who the fuck cares? I have another car setup for handeling.

kidcrossover69
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
ya go there and it

frnch
01-03-2008, 06:55 PM
well i just tucked in my harness with the plastic around it but the wire close to the firewall is to stiff to put up and siptie it feels like its going to rip, but i will just take the plastic off and tape it up hella good. it would be nice if anyone had pics of how theres are done to see how yours were done searched it didnt work thanxs for all the info

!Zar!
01-03-2008, 06:57 PM
ya go there and it

Say what?

Are you high? I have no idea what that even means.

RedSVTFlareside
01-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Its impossible to tell you what wires to remove. You need to read the electronics section of the FSM about 100 times to understand what you're doing. There are lots of wires you can remove depending on what accessories you are running. I mean, I don't know if you're buiding a race car and need headlights or not. There are miles of wire in your car. Just wait till you look under the dash. Have fun chasing relays around.

I would get your car running before you trim anything off of the harness. I still haven't trimmed my harness. Mostly because I'm lazy and don't want any unnecessary down time with my car.

racepar1
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Who gives a fuck?

If I cared about killing tires I wouldn't be doing any form of motorsports.

Go put your grassroots motorsports book away and stop stating the already known.

The car from the factory is too high and you can lower it to arms level and not have any ill effects. Only positive. When you go lower and your arms aren't level then you start changing how your suspension responds. But then again, who the fuck cares? I have another car setup for handeling.

You want me to state the obvious? You are an arrogant eilitist asshole that also happens to be a complete moron! First of all 240's are useful for more than just drifting. The s-chasis cars have VERY potent handling potential, if all you have ever used your 240 for is drift then you are missing out on much of the car's capabilities. You are right that there is a window of lowering a car that will be most definitely beneficial, but YOUR car is obviously outside that window. If suspension geometry doesn't matter for a drift car then why the fuck do the top drift teams in the world spend thousands upon thousands of dollars and hours engineering, developing and testing their suspension set-ups and geometry? Your opinion is once again fucking ignorant and I seriously doubt that the car you have set up for "handeling" actually handles well. I will NEVER put down my "grassroots motorsports book" as that is where I came from.

downshift_sideways
01-03-2008, 11:47 PM
/\ Another thread.... fucking Mel ;)

Dousan_PG
01-03-2008, 11:50 PM
You want me to state the obvious? You are an arrogant eilitist asshole that also happens to be a complete moron! First of all 240's are useful for more than just drifting. The s-chasis cars have VERY potent handling potential, if all you have ever used your 240 for is drift then you are missing out on much of the car's capabilities. You are right that there is a window of lowering a car that will be most definitely beneficial, but YOUR car is obviously outside that window. If suspension geometry doesn't matter for a drift car then why the fuck do the top drift teams in the world spend thousands upon thousands of dollars and hours engineering, developing and testing their suspension set-ups and geometry? Your opinion is once again fucking ignorant and I seriously doubt that the car you have set up for "handeling" actually handles well. I will NEVER put down my "grassroots motorsports book" as that is where I came from.

youve done what? one track event?

thanks 'expert'

get serious.

downshift_sideways
01-03-2008, 11:53 PM
/\ And why do you always jump in to give your opinion?

Get Serious.

Dousan_PG
01-03-2008, 11:54 PM
because i can do what i want
you're not the boss of me!
go hold ur bfs wee-wee elsewhere

downshift_sideways
01-03-2008, 11:58 PM
/\ Your the one on Mel's dick...so far I've seen you in this thread, plus the FB thread.

Hows the dark cock taste?

Dousan_PG
01-04-2008, 12:00 AM
wait who's mel? give me sns. i dont know real names

this is zilvia.

im all over on threads on zilvia. look at the post count. hahahahaha

downshift_sideways
01-04-2008, 12:03 AM
This is sparta!!!

frnch
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
can we stay on topic here and stop battling it out

Dousan_PG
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
no
you shouldnt be working on electrical unlesss you study more.
get the FSm and figure it out
its very easy to do.

also if u search you can see MANY writeups on this type of subject wire tucking and rubbing
itsthe first thing any 240sx owner MUSt do when they lower their car.
been done since 1990

!Zar!
01-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Woah.

What about my dick? wtf. haha

wait who's mel? give me sns. i dont know real names

this is zilvia.

im all over on threads on zilvia. look at the post count. hahahahaha
I'm Mel. Local zilvia elitest according to all knowing racepar1

racepar1: You're trippin balls. haha.

Obviously you haven't driven enough cars to know how much better there is out there. What top drift teams spend thousands of dollars just to figure out suspension geometry.

You must think stretching tires is worse than afterbirth left over in the toilet huh?

Are you sure you aren't Steve Shadows?

Dude. You sound like you're more into setting up a car than you are into driving it.

DRIFTING IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT HAVING FUCKIGN FUN. People like you who over analyze it take the fun out.

Why don't you go to the next ASB or any drift event for a matter of fact and tell all the drifters they have it wrong.

Since you have your grassroots motorsports book, I'm sure they'll understand.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RDmWtDxnL._AA280_.jpg

Better cop that issue.

Shit will make you drive better than Lewis Hamilton!!!

racepar1
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
AWWWWWWWW! Zar got all butt hurt cuz i'm right. Dou you really think that the HKS team (probably the top team in the world) just slaps some coils on, slams the car to the fuckin ground, and slides around untill they hit something? No they don't. They have suspension ENGINEERS on their payroll setting up their suspension. I may have only been to 1 event with my current car, but I was at several more with my previous car. Also I grew up at the racetrack working on my dad's formula atlantic cars. While you were watching saturday morning cartoons I was out in the garage helping my dad build motors, while you were at some random high school party trying to hook up with some slut I was in a hotel with my dad discussing suspension, gearing, and aero set-ups; and while you were suffering from a hangover from said party I was at the track making those adjustments and analyzing their effectiveness. You have NOTHING to tell me about setting up suspension. Also this discussion is not necessarily off-topic as the whole reason for re-routing the harness is so that the guy can lower the car more, which affects suspension geometry.

frnch
01-04-2008, 01:15 PM
it sure isnt off topic but why we all just calm down and have no debate on this thread even though it is talking about suspension im the one that needs help here i searched it up for wire tuck write ups didnt even have anything come up why is that now ive searched and done my part now why wont u help me and contribute to wht i need done to me car so i can drop my car another 2 inch.

!Zar!
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Yay op!

racepar1: So you're saying that I enjoyed my childhood, had sex and was drinking!? That's the fuckin life! hahaha.

Too bad it's not entirely true. Some of it. Not all of it.

I grew up in the car/race atmosphere myself. I don't feel like comparing tit for tat. But yeah. You get the point.

I know what you need.
http://deadon.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/group-hug.jpg

PoorMans180SX
01-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Hahahahaha, you guys crack me up. Let it all out.

There are ways to fix suspension geometry on a slammed car. If you're into it hardcore enough, then you'll do those things.

racepar1
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Yay op!

racepar1: So you're saying that I enjoyed my childhood, had sex and was drinking!? That's the fuckin life! hahaha.

Too bad it's not entirely true. Some of it. Not all of it.

I grew up in the car/race atmosphere myself. I don't feel like comparing tit for tat. But yeah. You get the point.

I know what you need.
http://deadon.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/group-hug.jpg

LOOL! I don't even want to know where you found that picture man! I hold no grudges especially on an internet forum. All in all though I am glad that my dad was so deeply into racing, it gave me a chance to learn and experience things that most car guys don't even get a chance to. I missed out on a few parties and girls but oh well, parties are usually not as fun as you anticipate and women come and go.

SilviaBricks
01-04-2008, 11:32 PM
^ Woah it almost looks like forward most dude forgot his man thong.

enjoidorifto14
01-05-2008, 04:09 PM
LOOL! I don't even want to know where you found that picture man! I hold no grudges especially on an internet forum. All in all though I am glad that my dad was so deeply into racing, it gave me a chance to learn and experience things that most car guys don't even get a chance to. I missed out on a few parties and girls but oh well, parties are usually not as fun as you anticipate and women come and go.

he got that picture, becuase his FFF (Fucking Forum Faggot) lol!

!Zar!
01-05-2008, 11:29 PM
he got that picture, becuase his FFF (Fucking Forum Faggot) lol!

Please rephrase that in english.