PDA

View Full Version : 93 240sx Shakes Hard When Idle

Jtuned S13
01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
93 240sx
ran great now having problems:
did a power balance test found out that my #1 cyl. was not working 2,3,4 had change so i know they were working
energized injector #2 i know worked by doing the power balance test so i was expecting a click and i did using that info. i wasnt expecting that on #1 so i check and it had no click bought 2 new ones moved #3,#4 injectors still using old o-ring moved them to #1,#2 put the new ones using the old o-rings from #1,#2 in injector port #3,#4
THINKING THAT WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM IT DIDNT
ON IDLE ITS NORMAL LIKE 750 PRM CONSTANT BUT STILL SHAKES DID A POWER BALANCE TEST AGAIN #1 STILL NO CHANGE #2,#3,#4 HAVE CHANGE

NEW PROBLEM OCCURED NOW I HAVE WHITE SMOKE COMING OUT OF EXHAUST MY COOLANT IN RADIATOR SHOW NO SIGNS OF CHOCOLATE SLUDGE AS WELL AS MY HEAD NO SIGNS OF THAT COLOR
AND IT SMELLS LIKE BURNT FUEL STILL SHAKES BUT NOT AS MUCH AS IT USED TO..PLUS I SOUND LIKE A SUBARu WHEN I DRIVE PLEASE HELP..I GET PAID CLOSE TO MIN. IM A COLLEGE STUDENT AND THIS IS MY ONLY MODE OF TRANSPORTAION I NEED HELP!!!

sillyvia13
01-02-2008, 08:56 PM
replace injector that is not firing...
dead injector...
sounds cool right like a wrx ...lol...
if you need any more help lmk...I have swapped injectors before...
I can give you some pointers...
[email protected]

injectors can be a bish to get out!

sillyvia13
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
get a injector from junk yard, or drift buddy in area, no more that $20 a injector.
happens all the time, maybe buy a rail and sit on other 3 for a while

HellaSlowAndOld
01-03-2008, 01:42 AM
was ur car outside when u started it and saw the white smoke? white smoke could be because of the temperature outside, in in nor cal, it gets crazy cold and when i start my brothers rx8...lol i get a sh!t load of white...anyway sounds like u have the same problem that in having, my cyl#3 fuel injectore craped out on me as well.... :(

i ordered the whole fuel rail from a local Zilvia member today (i have a DOHC s13)

at autozone one new one runs about $90 a pop (F THAT!)
anyway if ur ganna buy u used injector or ganna pull one out urself be super careful, and u NEED need new sealers or the injector, so i recommend just get a whole fuel rail...no headache when installing them, oh and be carfull with the ends of the fuel injectors to, dont damage them

Jtuned S13
01-03-2008, 06:38 AM
hm...i was outside but it was in the afternoon..so temp. was not an issue i've been through different forums and taking out the injector is no prob.(all i did was remove fuel rail completely, then using the screws as leverage with to flat heads screw drivers i popped them out. install i used the caps and screwed down one screw jumping from one to the other till the injectr sat in port? was that doing the job right?) as wells as installing it. do you guys think its a wire harness problem??like i said before i moved the 2 know working injectors #3,#4 into injector port #1,#2 so theoritcally it should work right?

Jtuned S13
01-03-2008, 06:42 AM
o ya and another thing i was a complete dumb @55 i went and bougth 2 new injectors without fully knowing what the heck was wrong on..so i have 2 new ones but im using the old o-rings from the old injectors i removed i think i made another mistake by doing that but as of right now..money is a big issue

super240sx7185
01-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Are you sure its fuel related? Have u checked for spark on number 1? Have u checked compression? Maybe a blown headgasket seeing as u have the white smoke. These are just some ideas i had you may have already eliminated these possibilities but theyre worth a shot if u haven't.

Jtuned S13
01-03-2008, 07:50 AM
spark yes :confirmed during the compression test me and my boss checked for a spark what we did was connect the plug to the wire and made the tip touch the metal heat shield which covers the headers and he saw spark as i cranked it to check compression
#1 155 #2 156-57 #3 158 #4 155 to the best of my knowledge

blown head i check the radiator for chocolate sludge "emulsification" thats what other people call it??? the mixing of coolant with engine oil...there was no sign i also checked through the oil filler cap on the head no sign of chocolate sludge either :( i hate to see my car not work

smoothlinez
01-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Im a nobody but if all fails. You should do a leak down test. I know you already did a compression check as stated above indicating that #1 cyclinder not giving you any love. Possibility of a bent valve. But that is an assumption just do the leak down test and you will know right away and if it's not that check to see if you have water in the spark plug coils happen all the time when im cleaning my engine and water tend to get in i hope this info helps you well and again just my opinion thanks

Jtuned S13
01-03-2008, 08:33 AM
hm...leak down all i have to do is watch the guage after the compression test correct to see if it goes down right ?at least that was what i was told to do when i took a automotive class during last semester of school bent valve...have a bent valve wouldnt that mean my compression wouldnt be as high as it should b/c during the compression stroke i know that both valves have to seal in order to compress the air/fuel mixture right?

IMPORTANT: DO YOU GUYS THINK IT IS A ECU MALFUNCTION/FAILURE IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHECK TO SEE IF IM GETTING VOLTAGE TO #1 INJECTOR VIA BACK PROBING THE CONNECTOR? ANY TIPS ON WHAT I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR?

O YA I TOOK ALL MY PLUGS OUT NO SIGN OF WATER ON THREADS AND NO SIGNS OF OIL ON PLUG MEANING THERE NOT FOULED OR ANYTHING BUT THERE IS A BLACKISH/GREYISH COLOR COATING THE TIP OF PLUG BUT I THINK THATS NORMAL RIGHT?

bongnak
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
i had a injector flood on me in two cyl whit smoke and shook hard sounds like a leaky injector

Jtuned S13
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
k ill look into that but one more thing i swapped out injectors with known working one but now new problem i have white smoke coming out of tail pipe???blown head you think going to pressurize system and look from the the spark plug holes for coolant today

S13Boosts
01-04-2008, 12:13 PM
well white smoke comes out ? blown headgasket?! maybe so if not idk than..

Jtuned S13
01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
damn this car...lol i love it but i cant hate it its been a 3 days since i last started my car now i started it but the dame thing wont start..i noticed all my guages and even my clokced is out usually when i turn to the key to 2nd position my altima fans turn ont but not even that...so i think i have a voltage drain..fuck it taxes is coming im just gonna get a new if not a newer motor...from there at least diag should be easy 600 is the asking price so im just waiting

bziggers13
01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I didn't read.. but I'd say..

maf
injectors
fuel pressure
spark
??

Jtuned S13
01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
problem solved looks like when i reinstalled the injectors after swaping around i basically ripped the o-rings...i thought i lubed them enough guess not cause i ripped dem sh!ts while installing them shit i feel like a noob for that one