PDA

View Full Version : Manual Door >>>> Power Door S13 Fastback

SiI40sx
12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Has anyone done this yet? I just bought some power doors and I was hoping (in a perfect world) that it was gonna be plug and play.

1. For you people that have done it what difficulties did you experience??
2. Do the manual door shells have pre-drilled holes to mount the rail for the window and regulator and all that stuff???
3. Do the manual door shells have pre-drilled holes for the power locks?

Ill be doing this this coming weekend, so I have yet to look and inspect my manual doors. Thanks for all the advice, Ill probably do a little write up at the end when I'm done for future reference for you guys.

2iv0 sx
12-31-2007, 12:30 AM
The swap shouldn't be too difficult everything should be predrilled

Swap out everything from power door into your manual door then run wires/relays to both doors and to switch.

Lucky while getting an alarm installed in my base model, I found out that my doors already had PDL actuators put in so I got that done and now I want power windows.

Let us know how that goes. I've been wanting to install power windows but just been too lazy.

projekt_s13
12-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Ive done it before, all i did was swap all the wires and relays over and plug it in.

I have heard that in some models its not that easy, donno if its true tho.

SiI40sx
12-31-2007, 01:22 AM
Ive done it before, all i did was swap all the wires and relays over and plug it in.

I have heard that in some models its not that easy, donno if its true tho.

Yea I think thats a serious understatement. Might be easier said than done...

shawn240sx
12-31-2007, 04:52 AM
Its difficult I helped with an install took 8+hrs. I dont think a newb should be trying this...electrical mistakes are a nightmare and $$$ to fix.

SiI40sx
12-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Its difficult I helped with an install took 8+hrs. I dont think a newb should be trying this...electrical mistakes are a nightmare and $$$ to fix.

Haha I dont know if that comment is referenced to me but I'm not a "noob" I've dealth with electrical wiring on 13s before, and its not hard but just takes a lot of attention to detail and patience. I'll be checking out the FSM and comparing wiring on my car to a SE model. I'll get some pics and do a nice little write up when I'm done and post pics of the final product with some of rongfk suede inserts :rawk:. Talk to you soon rongfk!!

Jung918
12-31-2007, 09:46 AM
^ said the guy who messed up his mustangs electrical system.

armand
12-31-2007, 09:47 AM
in my case i had to swap in a entire inside harness from a power car, i had a entire parts car to work with made it easy but a lot of work

SiI40sx
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM
^ said the guy who messed up his mustangs electrical system.

I should neg rep you ass, why u lookin into 13 theads anyway? damn postwhore :p

240XTC
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
I just bought the window switches and panels from the J yard....i guess theres more to the pwr window swap besides the initial plug and play that i had hoped for. Thanks for posting up SiI40sx. I will b looking out for your write up...

xkamikazestormx
12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
it is not plug and play. i wish it was. i already had an alarm in my car so i didnt have to wire the door locks but i converted my manual windows to power windows yesterday.

it does NOT take 8 hrs.

i highly suggest you use relays for the power but i got lazy and i just wired it to the ignition ON at the switch.

if your around socal and you need help just let me know and ill help you out.

boozels
12-31-2007, 01:20 PM
It will just take patience & time
Good Luck with your swap

I'll let you know about the switches

SiI40sx
12-31-2007, 02:00 PM
It will just take patience & time
Good Luck with your swap

I'll let you know about the switches

Thanks man I appreciate it, I look forward to seeing some awesome things from you as well! :D

I had a little confusion from this because Ive swapped doors before in the past, and I put them in a car that had manual doors and it was plug n play. I guess the car I bought was owned by some hardcore racer that wanted "weight reduction" doors on his SE model.

Jung918
12-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I should neg rep you ass, why u lookin into 13 theads anyway? damn postwhore :p

because I had a s13 with manual doors. I got an alarm installed and got them to put door lock actuators. I bought the actuators online and they are cheap 5 dollar ones.

projectRDM
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
I swear I've discussed this before.

The doors swap right over, or you can just swap all the hardware. The dash is not prewired though so you will need to run wiring across for signal to the other side and run power and ground to the driver's door.

FSM is your friend.

xkamikazestormx
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
there are 3 wires you have to run from the passenger side to the driver side.

red/white red/black and white/black

red/white and red/black connects to your driver side master switch

white/black from the driver side and the passenger side connects to your signal wire (in my case is ign ON, but i highly suggest you run a relay so you get power directly from the battery)

diy:
1) take off door panels
2) take off windows (4 nuts thats connected to the regulator and take off the bolts for the window stoppers)
3) take off regulator, 2 bolts on top and 2 on bottom
4) install power regulator
5) install window, adjust if necessary
6) put panel back on, and enjoy.

i had all the harness from a power car so i just cut all of them off except for the wires needed for power windows.

btw this is the wiring diagram for power windows. if you look at it, its only 3 wires you need to extend. (thanks to ondemand5.com)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e282/kamikazestorm420/powerwindowcircuit.jpg

install time: about 3 hrs. most of the time was trying to snake the wire through the door to the dash.

g6civcx
01-01-2008, 06:54 AM
If you can find a complete door, you can just bolt it in and run the wires. It will save a lot of time. Check FSM for wiring. If you replicate that with the correct fuse and relay, it should work like stock.

But, why would you want power door on an S13? Don't you have enough broken stuff to fix? Is your car running perfect and needs nothing else? That's just one more part that will go bad and drive you mad :)

shawn240sx
02-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Haha I dont know if that comment is referenced to me but I'm not a "noob" I've dealth with electrical wiring on 13s before, and its not hard but just takes a lot of attention to detail and patience. I'll be checking out the FSM and comparing wiring on my car to a SE model. I'll get some pics and do a nice little write up when I'm done and post pics of the final product with some of rongfk suede inserts :rawk:. Talk to you soon rongfk!!

Just curious....did you ever get this working?....A nice write up is what Zilvia needs on this. Hey thanks for the neg rep by the way...;).