PDA

View Full Version : S13: Tein type Flex or Super Drift

vespaman
12-29-2007, 05:14 PM
i'm looking to buy a new set of coilover but not sure which one is best for daily drive and track?
Right now i'm looking at Tein type Flex 7/7 but my friend told me to get super drift because the price are same but the thing is super drift has 10/8 which i think that too stiff for daily drive?
help me out guys

Bubba
12-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I liked my Teins when I had my S14, Tein HE. I would get the Super Drifts if I got another Tein, BUT I would like to suggest the KTS that Kuah offers at SPL parts. Very close in price but in my eyes a better unit. Hope this helps.

pignose4life
12-29-2007, 05:57 PM
KTS is a great suspension got a ride from a zilvia member with kts, and it handled the streets of la puente nicely with amazing control

SimpleSexy180
12-29-2007, 06:04 PM
start working out.

vutony
12-29-2007, 07:15 PM
super drift and buy mine

!Zar!
12-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Super drifts are a SHIT load better than flex.

Once setup they are sexy.

I daily drove my car on them.

Did it annoy me? Fuck if I can remember.

They were set on a fairly soft damping so I had no issues with it.

But then again would you rather have performance or comfort so your man titties don't bounce?

vespaman
12-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Super drifts is fine for daily drive if i set a soft damping correct?

TougeNinja
12-29-2007, 08:34 PM
i never liked teins. yea the adjustment does help a bit but its not like you can adjust from pillow ride to wooden plank. go with stance usa. their coilovers are beefy, smooth, and reliable. WAY smoother then my old tein HEs and megans.

!Zar!
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
HE's suck.

Megans...fuck those gay pieces of shit.

Super Drifts are good. Much better than gr+pro's.

SD's are great when on a softer adjustment.

Even old women don't complain about them.

vespaman
12-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Even old women don't complain hhmmm...??
good one haha

Koopa Troopa
12-29-2007, 11:41 PM
i'm looking to buy a new set of coilover but not sure which one is best for daily drive and track?
Right now i'm looking at Tein type Flex 7/7 but my friend told me to get super drift because the price are same but the thing is super drift has 10/8 which i think that too stiff for daily drive?
help me out guys

Super Drifts are valved for the needs of drifting hence, the name "Super Drift" and Flex are valved to be soft for the needs of touge roads hence the slogan "Winding Master".

Figure out what you're doing with the car and then decide.

iwishiwas-all*
12-30-2007, 10:16 AM
i find my flex's head over heals better than my previous HR's even with a 9k spring its not that stiff though, good for dd's for sure. If a harsh suspension is what you are looking for, dont buy the flex's