PDA

View Full Version : Starting Issues

sildrift86
12-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Now before you all say SEARCH!
I did, I went through about 15 threads all containing starting problems and none were specific to my situation.

well, a wile back I moved the TPS a notch to adjust the idle and just recently the only way to start up the car is by having the gas peddle pressed down all the way (WOT), if not the car will just keep on cranking over and never start.

I think if I just replace the TPS it should fix the starting problem wile keeping my idle normal.

But before I go replacing expensive parts and sensors with no hope on fixing my problems I want to see what you guys think?

Its kinda embarrassing when theres people around and you want to start your car and you have to wait a couple of seconds while your starter is screaming trying to make your car start.:-/ Help?

I have a 91' 240sx

Thanks

deesz
12-27-2007, 10:18 PM
sounds like you need to recheck your firing order.......
its something with your coil, or your cap and rotor.

deesz
12-27-2007, 10:19 PM
if it worked fine before you did something to it then u just need to recheck everything you did, and make sure you didnt forget to do something

sildrift86
12-28-2007, 07:43 AM
I just removed and modified the manifold and not so long ago.
The injectors looked good when I took the manifold off
I put new fuel lines so they work perfect
I got a new Z32 fuel filter
I put in a new cap'n rotor and plugs
And I saw the pump squirt a lot of fuel with good pressure

But it is a little bit more difficult to start it when the car is cold...

sildrift86
12-28-2007, 08:14 AM
You might be right deesz!

I bought the car not so long ago (Maybe like 4-5 months) and ever since then the car it never really ran perfect. (But I dont drive it that much)
It has a little little shaking/ stumbling and sometimes it knocks a lil bit

And ive noticed that the heads look like they were done
Maybe they didnt do everything right

So Ima check the timing and the cam timing today

If that doesnt cure it, ill head off to the junk yard and snag me some of those sensors :yesnod

Thanks, Ill post up my results