PDA

View Full Version : Stock Wheels with Q45 brakes???

96Turbo
12-22-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey. Will the stock wheels fit over the Q45 brakes?? Or will i need spacers or new wheels??

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
my stock s13 wheels didn't fit, but r32 wheels did. 15" was just too small and wouldn't even go on cuz it hit the caliper.

Ragnarok043
12-22-2007, 02:09 AM
depends on which wheel you have, my single rib 15" SE alloys fit over Z32 26mm calipers. but i thought any wheel should be able to fit over Q45 calipers.

LongGrain
12-22-2007, 02:22 AM
yea, i know a lot of guys that run stock 15"s with Q45 brakes with no problems.

OptionZero
12-22-2007, 02:44 AM
All the added mass from the q45 calipers is on the inside, so they clear everything.

That is a fact you could have found by searching for this common topic.

smelly240
12-22-2007, 04:45 AM
i never heard of any wheel not fitting with q45s... the rotors are a good bit under 12 in.

cdlong
12-22-2007, 06:32 AM
they are a full 1" under 12".

qwikspool
12-22-2007, 07:10 AM
i have them on my s13. they will fit.

irax
12-22-2007, 07:45 AM
my stock s13 wheels didn't fit, but r32 wheels did. 15" was just too small and wouldn't even go on cuz it hit the caliper.

stock steelies? or se ? or tear drops?

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 09:28 AM
I was looking in this thread yesterday cause im also gonna get some Q45's.
Theres alot of info in there check it out.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=158338

96Turbo
12-22-2007, 02:19 PM
thanks for the info. Don't ride my ass for not searching, cuz believe me i did. I just didn't find any specifics on stock wheels with these brakes. The wheels I've got are these:
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/crazyhazey33/PC050059.jpg
do you call these teardrop? This is the first mod i'm doing to my newly aquired 240.

OptionZero
12-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Then you fail.

Why would u need upgraded brakes on ^that^ car?

Better wheels and rubber would have a far greater effect.

You could have found that out by searching as well.

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Then you fail.

Why would u need upgraded brakes on ^that^ car?

Better wheels and rubber would have a far greater effect.

You could have found that out by searching as well.

Why would you question what HE wants to do?
Its not your car.Just go ahead and do what you like...and if thats rocking bra's over your headlights then so be it.

OptionZero
12-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I answered his question earlier and now I am offering further advice.

If he didn't want people to comment on his shit, then he shouldn't have posted.

More to the point, how is you telling him to keep doing what he's doing better than me telling him not to? He didn't ask for my advice, he didn't ask for your encouragement either.

Basically, then, you're defending someone who didn't ask to be defended and attacking someone who's been more useful in this thread than you are.

Maybe I should be questioning what *you* do...

Sonic Motor
12-22-2007, 02:50 PM
wow, it just got really "tense" up in here hahah

But back to the topic, Yes it should fit. Those Q45 brakes are single side dual positons...they arent that big in length either.

S14DB
12-22-2007, 03:01 PM
They will fit, But get rid of the all seasons first.

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I answered his question earlier and now I am offering further advice.

If he didn't want people to comment on his shit, then he shouldn't have posted.

More to the point, how is you telling him to keep doing what he's doing better than me telling him not to? He didn't ask for my advice, he didn't ask for your encouragement either.

Basically, then, you're defending someone who didn't ask to be defended and attacking someone who's been more useful in this thread than you are.

Maybe I should be questioning what *you* do...

Wow dude why the puffed up chest?If you look at my post I think it was more usefull than your's.Damn I bet you feel special cause youve been on here since 03?Well either way relax and next time offer help instead of questioning what people want to do.

PS:You dont need to worry/question as to what I do.

98s14inaz
12-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey. Will the stock wheels fit over the Q45 brakes?? Or will i need spacers or new wheels??

Thanks for asking this question and taking the flaming. I wanted to know this too because I am considering upgrading the brakes as well. I learned something.

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for asking this question and taking the flaming. I wanted to know this too because I am considering upgrading the brakes as well. I learned something.

Suck to hear zilvia makes you feel like you need to be scared to ask a question.:-/
To all those with fear just search.:D

OptionZero
12-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Wow dude why the puffed up chest?If you look at my post I think it was more usefull than your's.Damn I bet you feel special cause youve been on here since 03?Well either way relax and next time offer help instead of questioning what people want to do.

PS:You dont need to worry/question as to what I do.

Again, I did offer help. I told him that all the added mass of a q45 caliper was on the inside, so they clear everything.

You have 3 posts in this thread and none of them mention brakes- tell me how you've helped more than butted in where you're not needed? Please, just die. Attacking me for being "mean" doesn't make you cool, it just means you had nothing better to do.

When did I ever say I was cool, much less because of my join date? Even if I suck, at least I'm not as fail as you.

Get out of this thread and never reply to me again. Thank you.

OptionZero
12-22-2007, 05:37 PM
User bejota180sx left me rep (guess he was trying to neg rep me) saying "not everyone is made of money".

This is true, but if this guy is short on money, then wouldn't it make sense to be smarter with the money he does have?

Upgrading brakes on a stock car rolling on shit tires and wheels does absolutely nothing, which makes his alleged lack of funds even worse.

It's one thing to not have money, it's another to be stupid with the money you do have. You fail as well.

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Again, I did offer help. I told him that all the added mass of a q45 caliper was on the inside, so they clear everything.

You have 3 posts in this thread and none of them mention brakes- tell me how you've helped more than butted in where you're not needed? Please, just die. Attacking me for being "mean" doesn't make you cool, it just means you had nothing better to do.

When did I ever say I was cool, much less because of my join date? Even if I suck, at least I'm not as fail as you.

Get out of this thread and never reply to me again. Thank you.

User bejota180sx left me rep (guess he was trying to neg rep me) saying "not everyone is made of money".

This is true, but if this guy is short on money, then wouldn't it make sense to be smarter with the money he does have?

Upgrading brakes on a stock car rolling on shit tires and wheels does absolutely nothing, which makes his alleged lack of funds even worse.

It's one thing to not have money, it's another to be stupid with the money you do have. You fail as well.
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Congrats on handeling it this way!!!!

Also what do you call this?.Very unhelpfull:cj:
I was looking in this thread yesterday cause im also gonna get some Q45's.
Theres alot of info in there check it out.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=158338

Phlip
12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Can we please stop the bickering and remain on topic?

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 06:04 PM
One question is cutting away the dustshileds a must?
I got a couple of people telling me 2 different things and I wanna know for sure.

xkamikazestormx
12-22-2007, 06:16 PM
One question is cutting away the dustshileds a must?
I got a couple of people telling me 2 different things and I wanna know for sure.

yes. the rotors will not fit the stock dustshield.

cut it or take it off. i cut mine.

DaPCWiz
12-22-2007, 06:21 PM
I have Q45 brakes on my S14. Clears the stock base model 15" wheels. Its pretty close, but it clears comfortably.

k's_silvia2.0
12-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I have Q45 brakes on my S14. Clears the stock base model 15" wheels. Its pretty close, but it clears comfortably.

Yea I got s13 se's should be the same though.
Well F it im just gonna cut it.Ive been feeling like cutting something/someone.

DaPCWiz
12-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Yea I got s13 se's should be the same though.
Well F it im just gonna cut it.Ive been feeling like cutting something/someone.

yeah I had to cut my dust shield.

98s14inaz
12-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Suck to hear zilvia makes you feel like you need to be scared to ask a question.:-/
To all those with fear just search.:D

I searched, but he did the work for me by posting and I got a definite answer now. I don't fear anything...except zombies. I'm stockpiling ammo for the day the flu shot creates zombies.

g6civcx
12-22-2007, 07:39 PM
The wheels I've got are these: (redacted)

I was going to ride you for not telling us what your "stock" wheels are. For all we know you could have a Q45.

Good for correcting yourself.

96Turbo
12-22-2007, 10:31 PM
wow, i didn't expect a reaction like that for asking a simple semi non-dumbassish question. I searched and researched a lot on this topic. I didn't find any answers about caliper clearance/stock wheel sizing. Next time i'll think twice before starting a new thread.

I understand the importance of having balanced braking power with available traction. I just sold my last project vehicle which i upgraded to be a balanced performer, not big power/big brakes on stock rollers. I'll be puttin in work on this thing in the summer. Engine swap, wheels & tires, LSD, hopefully suspension if i've got any money left. I just wanted to get started by doing one project during winter break to get familiar with the car. That's why the stock wheels will be left on for a while. Although the stock brakes are so weak in my car that i'm sure even with the all seasons on i'll be impressed by the increase in braking power.

Oh yea, the headlight bras are gone. I wouldn't have posted that pic had i realized that was a pic of the first day i got it.

Neejay
12-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Don't worry about it man. Its the internet, everyone will react differently.

Next time just ignore the bullshit and don't even pay it any attention. Zilvia is filled with people who won't hesitate twice express themselves.

I say go for it. Sure you *could* do other stuff first, but I don't see how upgrading brakes is a waste.

OptionZero
12-22-2007, 10:46 PM
are you running on worn out stock rotors and pads?

i find it hard to believe you're doing any sort of driving that will "require" q45 brakes.

And as others have said, change your tires

96Turbo
12-23-2007, 12:16 AM
after selling my previous car, i've got a bunch of money left over after buying this one. I'm using this money to buy a bunch of parts over the next semester and get a RB25 once school is over. Once the RB is in, i will definitely have a need for bigger brakes. it would be foolish to have any more horsepower with these stock brakes. Since all the other projects revolve around possessing an RB25 motorset, i'm starting with the brakes. An unlikely starting point...I know. Thanks for all the info

datsun510dude
12-23-2007, 12:29 AM
To answer the question simply, they will fit without problems under stock 15 inch steelies... I have a 91 and I asked this question about 4 months ago and LOVE my Q45 brakes. About $200 total on the upgrade and as other people say, its a good idea to upgrade the BMC and I also suspect the rear brakes drag a little more with such huge brakes in the front. But thats just what I think*

_josh

gotta240
12-23-2007, 12:37 AM
If any of you need the q45 (or j30...same shit as far as i know) brakes, hit me up. i've got a pair or two laying around and wouldn't mind hooking a brake-needy zilvian up...