PDA

View Full Version : brake noise whilst moving "LOUD"

pbcstylez
12-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I just did the 300zx front brakes (cut the brake shield but some still remains) with new pads and rotors as well as bleed all the brakes.

Pads: Axxis metalmasters
rotors: cross/drilled rotors from some guy on zilvia

While backing up and moving very slowly there was no noise, but as soon as I turned the wheel to back out of my driveway and sped up to about 10mph I get the normal brake/rotor noise. The initial drop from my driveway made a clunk noise. As I gradually sped up down the block ~20mph I get this loud groaning noise metal to metal. The noise keeps gettin louder so I tap the brakes no help, I continue to drive and it gets louder and louder; I can definatively hear it over my exhaust which is really loud. I can not get rid of this noise at all. I'll try and get a sound clip tomorrow.

I'm guessing it could be the brake shield, since its only coming from my passenger side.

But it also sounds like its coming from my ABS module?

I bled it like this Rear Driver, Rear Passenger, Front Driver, Front Passenger.

Could this have also caused it? If it is my ABS module it sounds like its being tortured to death.

Has anybody else heard a LOUDASS noise like this after doing the z32 brakes?

S14DB
12-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Did you bed in the pads?

Spin the rotors to listen for rubbing before driving?

Condition of the calipers?

hstylez
12-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Pad could be dragging. Did you rebuild the calipers before install?

pbcstylez
12-22-2007, 11:54 AM
calipers a friend told me were rebuilt prior to selling to me

i was actually trying to bed in the pads while this was happening, i ignored the sound and proceeded with bedding the pads until the sound became too loud to bear

I'm going to jack up the car and take a look today

pbcstylez
12-22-2007, 06:58 PM
issue was my brake shield was barely rubbing while the wheel was in the air, therefore the loaded suspension caused it to rub more especially when turning. I bent back the rest of the shield problem fixed.

~close thread~

g6civcx
12-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Tip: cut the lip off of the dust shield.