PDA

View Full Version : Getting no power!

S13Boosts
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
okay heres what happen, i was draining my raidator it was coo than all sudden i try start my car i see like white smoke from my terminals? i try to start it my whole car has no power? i try to press my sleepy eye switch boom all the power gone again..everything shuts down? than few mins later the whole car restarts i get power all power than again i try to start boom all the power gone.. tell me whats wrong.. im thinking i blew a fuse?

the only way i can start my car is if i dont attach my battery and let it sit for a few mins and attach it back on than it starts!

sorry for the long story lol bare with me!:keke:

serturbo
12-18-2007, 12:43 AM
A blown fuse can't be your only problem. This is because the car somehow resets itself if you're able to start it after a while. A blown fuse can't reset itself.

White smoke from the battery terminals?

louisdaboois
12-18-2007, 07:12 AM
maybe you got some coolant on your battery terminals which in turn caused a dead cell when you tried to crank it over. try installing a new battery and see what happens.

S13Boosts
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
i dont think its the battery because when it starts it gives me power.. hmm:loco: any more input on whats going on?!

Yuri
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
A bad battery connection will do this.

When you reconnect the battery, you get a good enough connection to start the car, but the connection is bad enough that the slightest jarring could disrupt it.
Get a new battery and battery cable ends, it should fix your problem. My old 240's used to do this all the time, and my current one is starting to.

S13Boosts
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
A bad battery connection will do this.

When you reconnect the battery, you get a good enough connection to start the car, but the connection is bad enough that the slightest jarring could disrupt it.
Get a new battery and battery cable ends, it should fix your problem. My old 240's used to do this all the time, and my current one is starting to.

yeah thats sounds like the prob ill try it bro!