PDA

View Full Version : s13 flywheel sliping?

s13coupePAdrifters
12-15-2007, 02:56 PM
I have just noticed when shifting at higher rpms that my clutch acts as if its disengaged and freely revs before it finally catchs and even when its running normal if i excellerated hard it slips again and freely revs as if in neutral. Is this a flywheel or clutch problem or something completely different. I have a 93 ka24de with a swapped in 5 speed with stage 2 clutch and chromoly flywheel. thanks for any help

jskateborders
12-15-2007, 03:00 PM
clutch slipping.... If you flywheel were at fault, It would be really rough, and technically, the flywheel "slipping" is not really possible. The clutch can slip, the flywheel is bolted. Shit would be really fucked up if that were the case, and no driving possible.

slothonaleash
12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
yes sir, get yourself a new clutch

s13coupePAdrifters
12-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Do you think it could be a bad transmission and the gears slipping cause thats what alot of people have been telling me

i need tires
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Do you think it could be a bad transmission and the gears slipping cause thats what alot of people have been telling me

no its your clutch. only a/t slip.. manuals transmission dont because they have a clutch.

if it were you transmission the synrods (spell check me) would be going out first in those KA trannys

98s14inaz
12-17-2007, 10:09 AM
+1 your clutch is going out. Replace clutch and resurface flywheel. Do yourself a favor and replace the pilot and throw out bearings with nissan oem.

silvia13
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Sound like your clutch. It may be because you maybe getting oil on the clutch from the rear main seal if its leaking or your clutch is going bad.

Phlip
02-25-2008, 06:17 PM
User was banned because he acted out when someone pointed out that it was a "solenoid" and not a "cellnoid," and I am here to close this thread because he apparently can't spell "slipping" either.