PDA

View Full Version : Personal Experiencers w/MR Type 2 Catback?

guitaraholic
12-15-2007, 12:08 AM
I currently have a Megan Racing stainless steel 3" exhaust. Its got a nice exhaust note (deep sound), but its a little bit louder than I would like and the 4" tip brings some attention. I am looking into a quieter/less conspicuous one. The Megan Racing Type two is an exhaust system w/ a resonator and a true muffler with a 2.5" or 3" dual tip (different places say different things). If anyone has used this exhaust I would love to hear from you or and even more so if you could get a sound clip (POS REP for anyone that does)

norcal_black240
12-15-2007, 12:39 AM
My friend has the exhaust system on his sohc KA. Very throaty sounding and a really nice sleeper status exhaust. Under cruising its not to loud but when your past 4k rpm it comes alive. I cant find a sound clip of it but it sounds like the other megan exhausts but a lil bit louder and not as smooth sounding.

guitaraholic
12-15-2007, 12:45 AM
You say its "louder?" than the other Megan racing exhaust? The one I have right now is MR, 3" all the way, no resonator, 4" tip Can style/straight through exhaust. Its not "too" loud, though its definitely not mistaken for a stock sound (people try to race me all the type). Does it rumble the car during cruise, mine does, but again. I have no resonator either.

KiLLeR2001
12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
i must say, my apexi n1 3" catback + 3" testpipe on the KA24DE was moderately quiet......... until 3k... then after that you might want to look out for cops coming in your direction, that shit roared

genericforumname
12-15-2007, 01:21 AM
you could also try putting a resonator on what you have, shouldn't be expensive at any muffler shop and it should quiet it down a little bit

guitaraholic
12-15-2007, 08:59 AM
I was thinking about doing just that. Yes adding a resonator is a good idea if I was just looking to quiet it down a bit, but the big 4" tip still cries out trouble. If I was put in a resonator and change the muffler, I might as well just do a whole new catback. I moved to Utah and they do emissions/inspection here, (registering it in a county that doesn't at least.) so I have to be a bit more stealthy.

spirit
12-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Hmm didn't take me long to google a clip, but here ya go:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20365391

guitaraholic
12-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the link on the clip. Though, I did see that clip a little while ago, its one of two that I have found for the 240sx, there is another one, but it doesn't really really show what sounds like just cruising along. In the vid, it seems like the exhaust is a little loud. Just looking for as much input as possible. Thanks