PDA

View Full Version : Up Up and away!!! boost?

IStop4NoMan
12-14-2007, 10:36 PM
So after all this time trying to figure out why my HKS MBC didnt work, i finally got it down to not having a "reducer" in the Vac line. i finally made something to do the same thing tonight and now the MBC went from not adjusting the boost at all, to barely adjusting it.

I have it set to full open and this is what happens.

2nd gear- 11psi
3rd gear - 12psi
4th gear- 13psi
5th gear- jumps to 15psi, then back to 14psi.

i figured there would be a little boost creep, but what with the difference in gears? does that happen to you guys?

mothon
12-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Did you have any boost creep issues before the mbc?

smelly240
12-15-2007, 04:49 AM
a reducer in the vac line? wtf? u mean those plastic things that come with all the hks stuff???

there must be a reason its creeping - test for leaks and test ur actuator.

inertiadrft
12-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Damn! that sounds like a very cool MBC, it goes up everytime you shift up? so what hapends when you down shift? seriously...What hapends?..

IStop4NoMan
12-15-2007, 02:54 PM
^^ haha every time i downshift, i die a little inside.

i never had boost creep problems before. im guessing, that the reducer is a bit too small, and may be hindering the MBC from working properly. i think ill just make it a liiiiittle less restrictive and see if that helps.

seriously, this is the strangest MBC ive seen. i think it works by venting to open atmosphere until it reaches its setting. then closes up to open the wastegate.

its the same as this...
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/images/BOOSTCONTROLMANUALNEWSMALL.jpg

cotbu
12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
That's a bleed type mbc, it bleeds air away from the waste gate. less air in diaphragm more boost. So your controller is working as it should. I had one when the SR was stock, bled off 2psi with no restrictor 2 restrictors gave me 6psi bleed then i could actually control boost a little.

PS go ball and spring, if you cant choose an ebc