PDA

View Full Version : Distributor crapped out on my car questions...

91redMS13
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Does it matter which distributor I get? It's a 91 KA24DE, I can't remember if I had the mitsu or the hitachi dizzy & since I don't have the car with me so I can't find out what I have right now. I'm just asking if the either one is ok to get to replace what I got. Are they interchangeable if you're replacing the whole assembly? I know parts inside like the rotor/cap & etc...are not. Just want to know before I jump ahead & buy one from somebody here. Thanks guys.

beetlejuice
12-14-2007, 12:54 PM
As long as you are using a factory style external coil setup, it shouldn't matter if you are replacing the entire distributor assembly.

nissanguy13
12-14-2007, 04:13 PM
It doesn't matter which brand as long is its for the make and model you are putting it on

91redMS13
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok thanks guys, cuz I was looking at kragen & they said that 1 had the ignition chip & the other doesn't, so I'm kinda lost. I'm not changing the set up at all. I'm just replacing the dizzy because the car got into accident & the fan shroud hit the dizzy & possibly broke the cam/crank angle sensor inside. Thanks for the reply too.