PDA

View Full Version : Beyond ordinary? Rear Toe Out.

!Zar!
12-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Currently wondering who has tried running toe out in the rear and how much they where running?

I'm going to try a small amount and see how I like it. I currently run ±0*
I was thinking about running a minute amount such as .05* out.

I don't give a damn about tire life so hold the comments on it.

Only needing answerers from people who know what the hell they are talking about and have run rear toe out on purpose.

khmerguy618
12-13-2007, 01:47 AM
i run toe in for the rear and toe out for the front. only a fraction on each.

I'm gettin a little bit of under in some situations but i think its cuz the tire. *shrugs*

something something more stable something something turn in. yeah.

MrMigs
12-13-2007, 01:49 AM
I tried running 0.5 degrees toe out once. Steering was more on the twitchy side... or you might interpret it as extra-responsive. But yea... wasn't really for me. It seemed to cause the car to wander a bit on the freeway especially when driving over long cracks.

!Zar!
12-13-2007, 01:54 AM
I enjoy the toe out in front. My interest was piqued when I was thinking about different alignment possibilities for the rear. Worst comes to worst, I'll go back to zero rear toe.

Dousan_PG
12-13-2007, 02:05 AM
toe out in the rear, imo
SUCKS

toe in rear!

yokotas13
12-13-2007, 02:13 AM
yeha
i try to run .5 a degree toe in in the rear....just feels better in the turns than out.
:shrug:
i got this cool guy i can go to, tlel him the specs i want, and 40 bucks later its done

frosti108
12-13-2007, 07:06 AM
i thought the idea was to run a bit of toe in so that when you get on the gasolina pedal, it centers back out to 0? since its IRS and all

aznpoopy
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
there's no reason to run toe out in the rear.

toe out up front makes steering more responsive, at the cost of stability. toe out rear will leave you with a very twitchy rear end that is prone to wander and tramlining.

Gumballf355
12-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Only place where I can see toe out working well is perhaps on a short/tight auto-X... but that much toe out would make high speed threshold braking and high speed turns nervous feeling.