PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Question (Long Story) Short: White Smoke

rocksteady_racer
12-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Ok so I had to drill the block out and I finally got the rail and not leaking after a o-ring decided to break. Well anyway now white smoke that smells like fuel is pouring out the back. Anybody know what this could be? FPR not working properly, valve cover gasket? It's heavy white smoke that cleans up a little when it warms up but it's still quite noticeable. By the way it's been sitting for about 2 months if that could be the problem. Thanks in advance.

nissan240sxkid
12-11-2007, 08:17 PM
It could be leaky/damaged injector or most likely an oring is shot/dry rotted and just letting fuel pour into the motor

pignose4life
12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
head gasket maybe check the oil, if its creamy then its a head gasket. or do a compression test if 2 pistons in a row are low then its something with the head

rocksteady_racer
12-11-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't think it's the head gasket because it revs up to 5 grand easily with no power loss.
And the car doesn't ride funny or anything. :-\
By checking the oil do you mean through the dipstick or dumping the oil out and looking at it? What does "creamy consist of" LoL. Is it like oil and another fluid mixed together or something?

By something with the head could it be the valve cover gasket cause somebody told me a while ago that was about to go? Or is white smoke not a sign of that?

specialk2003
12-11-2007, 08:29 PM
White smoke = coolant
Black smoke = fuel
Blue smoke = oil

Not sure how cold it is out where you are right now, but when it is cold outside, and you first start your car, there WILL be white smoke coming out of the exhaust. That is normal. It is just condensation that is evaporating from the heat of the exhaust. That would explain why it doesn't smoke so much when it is warm.

Are there any running problems?

I would double check all of your fuel connections. Maybe one of your hoses are leaking?

specialk2003
12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
He means if you just pull the dipstick. It will look "milky" if there is coolant in the oil, and if it does, you will know when you see it. And the valve cover gasket and head gasket are 2 separate items.

And I don't know how a valve cover "looks like it is about to go," it either leaks or it doesn't.

rocksteady_racer
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Well it didn't look milky when I checked it. Thanks alot for all your help guys. It's probably just the water evaporating from the exhaust or something. I'll keep you guys posted if I come up with anything. I'll check again tomorrow when it's light out. Thanks for all your help everybody